The Vice President of Marketing will be responsible for driving the successful development of strategies that strengthen Company 's competitive position in the market place, increase traffic to our sites, improve the user experience on our sites, optimize monetization, and increase revenue. This person will develop and lead efforts in overall market strategy, advertising, online marketing, competitive and business analytics, and branding. The Vice President of Marketing will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer, the Engineering Department and the Director of Business Development for Content to identify new business opportunities and to execute on initiatives to generate new revenue and brand awareness. The Vice President of Marketing will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Work with senior management to identify new business opportunities and to develop comprehensive domestic and international marketing strategies to expand the business and meet traffic, revenue and profit goals.
- Developing short and long term marketing plans and budgets for our branded websites, white label partner sites, and other web properties or brands.
- Strengthen brand identity and strategy and implement associated messaging and campaigns.
- Direct online marketing and SEO/SEM.
- Identify and track the key metrics for monitoring traffic, subscriber acquisition, monetization, retention, and profitability.
- Work with business development and product management to develop new products or features based on consumer preferences and competitive industry intelligence.
- Direct projects with tests and data analysis to optimize monetization on our sites.
- Drive efforts to improve the overall user experience on our sites.
- Identify necessary resources (staff time, budget, project prioritization and trade-offs) to launch effective campaigns in advertising and branding.
- Lead the development of the copy and creative content for advertising and branding.
- Lead the company 's participation in industry conferences, tradeshows, and events and represent Company to the media as required.
- Conduct continual competitive analysis and provide feedback/recommendations to executive management (business and engineering) on new technologies, new product or competitors, and industry trends.
- Keep senior management informed as to the status of all initiatives.
- Manage vendors and consultants to ensure desired results and cost effectiveness.
REQUIRED QUALIIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- A bachelor 's degree in a technology or business related discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years of consumer and technology marketing experience, including Internet services and products.
- A minimum of 5 years of online marketing with demonstrated experience driving traffic, online customer acquisition and retention.
- Broad-based marketing experience including product marketing, brand development and management, marketing communications, competitive analysis, and strategy.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills to support business and competitive analysis and to monitor the effectiveness of marketing, business development and sales strategies.
- A successful track record of developing and launching initiatives that increased brand recognition, market share, and revenue.
- An understanding of our website 's technology platform and common web applications and standards.
- Demonstrated project and budget management experience.
- Experience managing the development of marketing and advertising creative content.
- A self-motivated, driven approach to business.
- Highly developed interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills.
- The ability to take initiative and to solve problems successfully.
- A Master of Business Administration.
- Experience in community and event marketing.
- Knowledge of the online video industry and our direct competitors.