Company is looking for a VP of Marketing to join our team. As an early member of the Marketing team, you will report to one of the Co-CEOs and lay the foundation for Marketing at Company. You will develop a deep understanding of our customers for why they buy Company and leverage these insights to shape the business’s positioning and its future messaging to prospective customers. You will also help prioritize the product roadmap, competitive positioning, buyer personas, sales pitch materials, and marketing campaigns. Defining and driving major feature launches is also a critical part of this role.
You are an exceptional product-minded leader and have extensive experience in enterprise B2B product marketing. You will have experience developing strategic and innovative GTM programs for B2B software products, and you have successfully launched major feature releases in your career. You have proven experience in understanding market dynamics, customer needs, competitive landscape, and the product.
- Develop a deep understanding of our target market, including buyer personas, essential uses cases, and customer needs
- Own product positioning & messaging for Company
- Craft engaging and high-quality marketing collateral using every medium and channel
- Help product management with prioritization by providing the voice of the customer and prospects.
- Work closely with marketing on marketing campaigns to drive pipeline.
- Partner with sales leadership to equip sales with tactical enablement materials to effectively deliver Company’s value proposition to its customers and prospects
- 10+ years of product marketing experience in the B2B SaaS space; solid fundamentals in user research, positioning/messaging, user education, and sales enablement
- Track record with a modern marketing mix; has developed narratives, created thought leadership, presented to large groups, and navigated marketing analytics; is a confident communicator.
- Proven successful experience collaborating with cross-functional teams, including B2B sales teams
- Self-starter with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Previous start-up experience is a huge plus.