We are looking for a product marketing leader to help us achieve our next level growth objectives. This role will be highly visible and influential, being a core leader on the marketing team and interfacing across the organization to build consensus on our strategic product marketing initiatives.
Who You Are:
You are passionate about crafting and telling a market narrative that is driven by founder vision, market insights, competitive analysis, and strategic product direction. You are equal parts writer, researcher, technologist, and evangelist. You understand how to position a platform, how to continually differentiate and inject feedback back into the product teams you work with, and most importantly, you lead from the front, with a knack for getting alignment & consensus from the teams you work with along the way. You have a bias for enabling the teams around you to speak to our product and vision in the most accurate and timely way, and have a passion for the customer’s voice being a part of everything we do. You set the overall market messaging and quarterly themes that Company goes to market with.
If you are someone who thrives in a fast moving and growing tech start-up, and can take full ownership of our market narrative and product marketing, we want to hear from you!
What You'll Do:
- • Customer, Market, & Competitive Analysis: Work closely with analysts, thought leaders, and cross-functional teams (Executive, Sales, Product & Engineering and Customer Success) to gain a deeper understanding of our customer—and our competitors—to guide marketing initiatives, sales positioning, and product direction.
- • Ideal Customer Profiles. You will work with our teams to capture and help refine our ideal customer profiles. You will be the evangelist for them in our company, and partner closely with our enablement team to make sure the go-to-market teams and broader organization understand and pursue ideal customers.
- • Positioning & Segmentation: Define product positioning with segmentation of customers and prospects that helps shape the marketing message and further define our ICP.
- • Enablement & Content Creation: Work closely with Go To Market leadership and the enablement team to develop and manage resources to position and sell our solutions as a leader and competitively against others in the space.
- • Go-to-Market Planning & Launch Coordination: Work cross-functionally to determine the best GTM strategy, set proper timelines and KPIs, and coordinate launch.
- • Vertical Marketing. Company is applicable to many different personas and industries, you will work with our teams to identify areas for growth and provide the initial research and messaging needed to be as relevant as possible when testing / launching into these new markets.
- • Partner Product Marketing: Work in close collaboration with our partner team to identify partners that represent the largest market opportunities for Company. Develop plans to better tell our combined stories in the market, with the goal of increased pipeline and revenue contributions. Additionally, work to enable partners to understand and co-sell Company platform.
- • Customer Marketing. Work with our product and customer success teams to closely monitor product adoption and work on creative / data driven programs to get the right message to the right customer at the right time. Equally important, regularly interview customers and get their voice and success into our GTM messaging, from website to sales collateral.
- • BA/BS or equivalent working experience plus 10-15 years experience in marketing. Grad degree not required, but welcome.
- • 7-10 years of previous product marketing / Go To Market leadership experience preferred.
- • SaaS experience required.
- • Marketing / Sales Technology experience strongly preferred.
- • Experience in multiple market segments and go to market motions (product led, SMB, Mid Market, Enterprise), with a solid understanding of how each works
- • Creativity and problem solving skills.
- • Collaboration skills, being able to work with many different personality types
- • Entrepreneurial spirit, able to roll up sleeves and get answers and results
- • Results-oriented
- • Excellent people leadership skills with a proven ability to run high performing teams
- • Excellent writing skills with high editorial standards.
- • Experience running multiple projects simultaneously, with a high level of self discipline with the ability to aggressively prioritize
- • Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-performance environment, while laughing and having a great time doing it
- • Has sensitivity for messaging / branding, and how each interaction impacts the buyer’s journey
Bonus Points If...
- • You have experience working with a company that sells in mid market / enterprise as well as employing a Product Led Growth Strategy
- • Experience with eCommerce / hybrid business model where SaaS is a component