The VP of Retail Industry Solutions is accountable for the Global GTM strategy, design, deployment, and effectiveness of driving breadth and depth of Company’s Retail offerings to customers. This role will report directly to the SVP of Industry Solutions.
The ideal candidate is a strategic business leader with strong IT and Retail experience, technical acumen and proven industry expertise in building effective relationships to drive and support the end-to-end Retail business by driving revenue growth, content and validated designs. The role requires a track record of balancing strategic thinking, driving transformational change, and executional rigor delivering on current business priorities. The role also requires experience building successful internal and external relationships with customers, sales, product groups, and marketing teams for successful collaboration in highly matrixed environments.
- Define and execute Company’s Retail strategy in conjunction with functional business leaders, sales leaders and business units, successfully executing current capabilities while building transformational strategy.
- Cultivate and leverage rolodex of CIO’s/CTO’s at Top 250 retail customers.
- Accountable for driving revenue/bookings growth/targets and market penetration of Retail (both existing customers and net-new logos).
- Drive consumption and adoption through Sales and Marketing and customer experience teams (services, success and/or support).
- Target the specific needs of Company’s retail customers.
- Responsible for validating industry specific needs and designs with Company product teams.
- Deliver quarterly deliverables to Sales team (e.g. Playbooks, validated designs, presentations, demos)
- Be the expert on Retail customer stories and content to help Sales and drive revenue.
- Build specialized leadership capacity & drive execution across the regions through an interlocked WW/GEO Operating model.
- Drive comprehensive, integrated solutions for the retail and CPG sectors.
- Collaborate with Sales to ensure investments and incentives align and support the overall solution strategy.
- Accountable for defining requirements for products/solutions, focused on Retail sector, and collaboratively interlocking with the business units to bring products to market.
- Partner with our WW Strategy & Planning, GEO strategy and sales leads to land an operating model to accelerate revenue across all stages in the customer lifecycle.
- This is a highly cross functional role – requiring close collaboration with other groups and product business units and specialize sales leadership in Company.
- Influence senior executives to drive transformation.
- 15+ years’ experience in implementing software at Retail company.
- Advanced degree in Marketing, Business, Finance or equivalent experience preferred.
- Demonstrates exceptional leadership skills with the ability to create and drive vision across organizations.
- Proven leadership in a global software organization with significant matrixed sales management responsibility.
- Solid understanding of Retail industry, SaaS sales cycles and customer consumption models.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills; proven ability to work with a diverse team and influence and drive change across functional and business boundaries in a face- paced environment.
- Deep experience in creating & optimizing partner sales organizations, processes, and strategy and can be a trusted advisor to sales leadership.
- The ability to operate effectively in a rapidly scaling, dynamic environment, be able to manage multiple stakeholders and groups simultaneously and have strong communications skills.
- Possesses highest level of integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to lead or participate in large transformations that involve ambiguity and uncertainty, doing so while bringing others along.