Company is seeking an innovative, hands-on, customer-obsessed Vice President of Product to drive the product strategy and execution of our existing direct-to-consumer children’s products while leading the launch of new products and retail channels. Evangelizing and energizing the company with a deep passion for product and design, you will partner across the company to bring to life compelling experiences that delight children and their caregivers, increase engagement, and create passionate and loyal fans. In this high visibility role, you will report directly to the CEO and join the Executive Leadership Team to drive Company’ continued growth.
- Work closely with the CEO to creatively design and define Company physical product vision. Fully own the physical product roadmap and make calendar, from ideation and creation, to implementation and measuring success.
- Deeply understand our customers’ needs through empathy, research, and ongoing interactions with customers and partners, and translate those needs into a compelling product strategy that continuously delights our customers.
- Collaborating with Creative, Sourcing, Inventory, Marketing, Finance, and Operations, lead the transformation of product ideas into actionable concepts, timelines, and projects while taking into consideration the financial implications, sales and marketing needs, and overall business objectives.
- Build and coach a world class team of product designers and content editors to constantly ensure improvement in their professional skills. You should be adept at showing junior team members what quality product and product management processes look like.
- Create and implement processes and systems to build for scale and on time delivery to ensure products meet customer needs.
- Identify and develop new opportunities for various partnership with retailers as well as organizations that share the Company’ mission.
- Introduce and develop new vendor relationships with both domestic and overseas partners to ensure best practices for creating innovative product.
- Create and manage annual and departmental budget and set agenda for Ex Team Reviews and Weekly Product Meetings.
- Actively participate in the Executive Leadership Team as a key member.
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum of 15+ years of progressive experience in a physical product design and development leadership role in ecommerce or bricks and mortar retail. Strong preference for experience in children’s toys/educational activities.
- Proven ability to build and execute against a vision and strategy for the Product organization.
- Demonstrated success in leading design and development team.
- Ability to create compelling written and presentation materials.
- Analytical ability to compile data and generate executive summaries and related materials.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Technical skills in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering and Project Management a plus.
- Passionate leader capable of motivating and nurturing a high functioning, diverse team. History of hiring and building a diverse team and developing future leaders.
- Comfortable working in a fast-changing environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or relevant field, MA preferred.