What we are looking for:
The VP of Production leads & manages the Company’s production team and is responsible for the successful strategic planning and execution for all production, ensuring that resources are distributed and content is captured safely, efficiently and in accordance with the artistic and business objectives of the company. They will focus on scaling infrastructure and processes to support our next stages of growth. This role will partner closely with leaders across the other Content departments (Creative, Graphics, Editorial, Innovation, Operations) and cross-functionally with the Finance, Talent and Marketing teams to achieve our strategic goals and bring our content to life.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Manage all production matters, including consulting with production, legal and rights and clearances, guild matters, insurance and payroll, and COVID-19 response plans.
- Partner with functional leaders (Talent, Marketing, Legal, Rights and Clearances, Finance) and the executive team with a focus on meeting strategic objectives
- Auditing, revising and optimizing existing protocols, workflows, and guidelines
- Working with the People team to optimize inclusive hiring, onboarding, training and mentoring processes as we scale production volume
- Build scalable production management systems and protocols to support global, concurrent, high-quality production year-round
- Overseeing the set up of productions in multiple geographies globally that meet artistic and fiscal standards
- Overseeing the set up of systems to manage budget creation and tracking on an aggregate and single production basis
- Lead focused on building and maintaining a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture
- 10+ years of production management experience in film, television, branded content and/or advertising
- 5+ years of experience in management or leadership roles including experience scaling production teams and creating processes and systems
- Extensive experience working with celebrity talent and their teams
- Deep knowledge of production best practices
- Proven track record building and managing scalable production teams (small to midsize to large) that deliver world-class content on budget and on time at scale
- Superior knowledge of industry regulations and operational guidelines
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders at all levels
- Passion for communicating complex ideas in easy to understand ways to a range of audiences
- Ability to tackle problems in a dynamic, deadline-driven, and team-oriented environment
- Entrepreneurial nature with a strong ability to manage through ambiguity
- A strong network of production professionals, technicians, artists, and service companies globally
- High attention to detail with airtight organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding negotiation, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Calm under pressure and comfortable adapting to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Degree in Film, Television or related field preferable
- Work remotely with periodic travel to our San Francisco and Los Angeles offices
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Passion for the company’s mission and eagerness to contribute wherever necessary to help us achieve it!