Reporting to the SVP of Finance, the VP, Strategy & Finance will be a key member of both the Finance and Operational management teams. Most importantly, this individual will be a key thought partner in optimizing business results. In addition to planning, budgeting and forecasting the financial results, the incumbent is expected to lead keen financial and business oversight to the business's operating groups. This person will be expected to quickly earn the respect of the teams as a proactive business leader, team player, trusted partner and realistic business analyst. In order to optimize results, this individual will be expected to bring a broad understanding of finance and have the ability to convert the complex into layman's terms with the ability to see the operational implications of financial results and analysis.
- Setting strategic growth objectives
- Evaluating new business opportunities
- Keep the SVP of Finance informed regarding business performance, risks and opportunities.
- Analyze and interpret financial data and recommend changes to improve financial performance.
- Support department heads and business owners with financial analysis and business decisions.
- Report trends and high level business issues to the Vice President, Planning and Analysis and business leaders
- Manage the development, preparation and review of the long-range plan and the annual plan including coordination with department heads to obtain and validate assumptions.
- Ensure that department and location spending is in compliance with budget. Implement cost containment strategies when necessary and report variances.
- Implement quality control procedures and continuously look to improve business processes.
- Design and maintain a system of financial planning and business forecasting.
- Produce executive level reports utilizing operating performance measures and metrics to analyze business performance.
- Remain current with technology to ensure that the data and reports are being compiled in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
- Minimum 10 years of finance and accounting experience, ideally with experience in real estate and large capital projects. Experience with retail financials is a plus.
- Exceptional results orientation, with a high degree of personal initiative and leadership, in a lower-resource environment.
- Outstanding analytical skills and a proven ability to connect data analysis with business issues and decisions. Advanced Excel and modeling skills. Experience with Smart View / ESSBASE and Oracle Financials preferred.
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail. Able to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-moving environment and re-prioritize with ease.
- Superior professionalism, discretion, and judgment. Excellent collaborative skills and people management skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with senior leadership effectively.
- Strong knowledge of finance and accounting principles.
- Experience leading teams.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or related business field.