We are looking for a Vice President to join the technology team! Your role will be two-fold: you’ll serve as the primary client lead on an iconic Silicon Valley technology brand; and you’ll help lead, shape and grow our technology team and client portfolio.
Ideally, you’ll combine deep background in the technology industry with a passion for how technology is shaping the global agenda. You’ll share the company’s philosophy that technology is as much a horizontal discipline as a vertical specialty, and you’ll have experience driving storytelling that matters at the intersection of technology and the worlds it powers and disrupts: financial and professional services, healthcare, transportation, sports and entertainment, retail and more.
You’ll be a strong leader and mentor, with an equal knack for growing both talent and business.
About the Job
- Serve as senior agency contact to a cornerstone account; lead and direct all program efforts to ensure client satisfaction; bring a value-added approach to all issues and projects
- Entertain clients appropriately to cement relationships and better understand their businesses; include other agency staff when appropriate
- Generate incremental business opportunities with existing client base
- Encourage and train account teams on developing incremental business; guide them in how to recognize and develop new business opportunities with clients
- Maintain team billability and productivity requirements; monitor for account profitability
- Function as key player in pursuing new business opportunities and in leading the proposal and presentation processes
- Work with office management to develop and implement company policies and procedures; reinforce company values, ethics, culture and critical success factors
- Maximize utilization of team members through effective recruitment, employee goal-setting, appraisals, development plans, etc.; work with human resources in dealing with personnel matters
- Encourage and create a can-do, get-it-great working environment, reinforcing the importance and value of each team member’s contributions
- Demonstrate and develop presentation, negotiation and problem-solving skills; demonstrate ability to effectively develop full range of materials, including media materials, byline articles, speeches, client correspondences and reports
- Stay on top of PR trends in the industry; bring them to the attention of clients and associates, as appropriate
- Work with financial manager to ensure client budgets are comprehensive, actual costs are monitored and approved, and billed account receivables are collected in a timely manner
We’re looking for required skills, and they can come from any combination of education and experience. Diversity of thought and background are encouraged. Typical qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English, marketing or a related field preferred
- A minimum of eight years of agency and/or corporate/technology public relations experience-(expertise in "corporate" reputation management, message development, media strategy, strategic communications and global/international experience is a plus) . Ideal background: must have experience working on global clients in-house or on the agency side.
- Must have demonstrated skills and success in building, owning and driving programs. Previous/current experience as the direct client contact and building plans.
- Broad-based exposure to all skill areas, including proposal planning, writing and presentations, media relations, and consultative selling.
- Proven track record in growing business.
- Direct experience in building and managing teams comprised of professional and non-exempt personnel