What Our Team Embodies
Our culture is collaborative, fast-paced, and data-driven, and we were most recently recognized with the Great Place to Work certification. This recognition is given to a very small percentage of companies who apply for it and determined by employees’ real-time reports of their company culture. Earning this designation demonstrates to us that our teammates at Company are inspired by our mission, engaged in their everyday work, and enjoy partnering with our teammates and customers. If you want to impact millions of people, find your fit, and propel your career forward, we’d love to hear from you.
What We Are Looking For:
Company is looking for a VP of Technology to join our executive leadership team and lead our Technology, Data and Security teams. As a 100% DTC company, technology is core to enabling and scaling Company’s customer experience. This role will lead the technology organization and establish the overall technical vision, architecture, and innovation for the company. This role manages both internal and external engineering teams which build and maintain all of our platforms and applications including: e-commerce, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, customer service, infrastructure, data management, security, and internal tools and support.
This candidate is comfortable in a fast paced and fluid business environment and has a passion for delighting customers. This person has good judgment, can act as a change manager to evangelize technology, and knows when to balance resiliency and thoroughness versus creativity and scrappiness to achieve desired goals and solutions.
What You Will Own And How You Will Make A Difference:
- Consistently drive to future proof Company, ensuring that our technology stack and data models are stable, secure, and scalable
- Connect the dots across the entire business to identify opportunities to enhance the business and our operations with technology
- Set the vision, define the plan, and create the architecture and roadmap for our technical infrastructure across all systems
- Maintain industry-leading uptime on critical technology infrastructure through great architectural decisions, successful monitoring and testing processes, and system redundancy
- Develop a differentiated approach to data ingestion and analysis that gives a competitive advantage and speed, including the application of sophisticated data science techniques
- Utilize creative, thoughtful, and boundary-pushing system development strategies that unlock opportunity (including build vs. buy decisions and system architecture)
Who You Are:
- 15+ years of eCommerce development experience; 7+ years managerial experience
- Experience leading and managing both in-house and off-shore development teams
- Systems architecture ownership experience, ideally for a company that has physical inventory and has gone through an ERP implementation
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, trade-offs, and opportunistic new ideas with technical, non-technical, and executive team members
- Curiosity and willingness to try new things, work in a fast-paced environment, and never settle for the status quo
- Accomplished range of skills from detailed analysis to high-level strategy, and good judgment on when to use which one. Plus, willingness to roll up your sleeves and dive deep to inspect and understand, when necessary.
- Ability to step outside the technical domain and take the “voice” of the customer as input into your direction setting and decision making
- Ability to attract, develop and retain diverse teams of technical talent, creating a collaborative and supportive environment for growth