Electrical Field Engineer / Inspector
We are looking for an electrical engineer with significant construction management and inspection experience, or alternately an electrical / instrumentation & control inspector.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or ICC Commercial Electrical Certification is desirable
- At least five (5) years of recent experience in construction management and inspection of complex heavy civil/industrial construction projects;
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality control construction means and methods, current construction inspection techniques, and safe working practices and regulations in relation to different types and phases of construction;
- Demonstrated knowledge of contract plans and specifications for contract administration; ability to perform mathematical computations and apply results to inspection work; and prepare various types of reports and other written communications necessary for recordkeeping and letters to contractors;
- Electrical certifications necessary to perform proper inspections in accordance with best industry practices;
The following qualifications are not required, but highly desirable:
- Construction experience on water or wastewater treatment facilities
- Cal OSHA 8-hour training certification for industrial construction (confined spaces, lockout/tagout (LOTO), etc.);
- You are a professional with technical expertise as well as strong communications skills which will allow you to effectively and creditably communicate complex technical issues with our clients.
- You have experience on water and wastewater infrastructure projects.
- You have field construction management experience.
- You enjoy direct client contact and professional networking.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, and are self-motivated and passionate about your work.
- You like work to be a mix of logic, creativity, real-world experience, and common sense.
Joe Hill Consulting Engineers is a growing water resources engineering consulting practice.
We are building a company that offers specialized consulting services to the managers of water and wastewater systems. Our focus is in getting operations right, recognizing the value in real-world experience in operating and maintaining complex water infrastructure systems.
We seek to build a team that believes in and is excited to live our Core Values and Mission. Refer to our company website for details.