Requisition ID # 104165
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E's gas distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration and emergency response.
This is an International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 1245 represented classification, which has over 100 years of experience representing employees at PG&E. This job is subject to collective bargaining.
The Work and Resource Dispatcher- in- Training works with the Work and Resource Dispatcher during the training time frame for 6 months and are assigned duties based on business needs. They will receive and dispatch operation tags to employees in the service, construction and design work groups and assist employees with issues encountered in the course of their daily work. Optimizes schedules through technology to accommodate changes in employee availability. Ensures that current work load commitments and customer appointments are met by priority. May be required to perform clerical work or other work as assigned. May be required to contact customers or outside public agencies regarding service issues.
This position is a DOT (Department of Transportation) covered classification and is subject to random drug and/or alcohol screening.
- Dispatch jobs to field operation employees by creating, reviewing, routing and distributing service tags using computer based scheduling and dispatching program - (FAS).
- Monitor and analyze daily work to be completed (Streetlights, same day orders, and customer committed work) and update daily work plan schedules in the most efficient manner based on exceptions and day to day changes.
- Communicate with non-FAS field operation departments concerning emergencies or referrals that require further attention outside the first responder's scope.
- Ensure prioritization of emergency, customer appointment and ad hoc work, adhere to QAS standards and safety policies.
- Monitor FAS real-time field activity by using handwritten notes, checklists and messages.
- Process calls regarding customer emergencies, same day work and ensures immediate response from appropriate field operations department including calling resources out from home through the ARCOS system for Restoration Department, Control Department, and Maintenance & Control Department.
- Create field orders using Customer Care and Billing (CC&B) and provide Outage info using Outage Information System (OIS) computer based programs.
- Retrieve and document customer data and job status information using computers, Field Order history database and other applicable programs.
- Utilize multi-line phone system to assist customers, outside agencies and various internal departments. Work real time with scheduling department, restoration supervisors, control center personal to manage field personal for outage related activity.
- Efficiently Dispatch and follow up on 911 emergency tags and escalate to supervision if resources are not available to meet public safety concerns.
- Exercise decision making skills in a fast paced, high-stress environment. Perform associated clerical tasks including but not limited to filing, faxing, sorting tags, tech-down procedures, document reproduction and company email.
- Must possess a High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to work shift schedule
- Must complete Dispatcher-In-Training program within 6 months of hire
- 1 year experience using Customer Care & Billing (CC&B)
- 1 year experience using Outage Information System (OIS)
- 1 year experience in an automated call center OR dispatch environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products- Word, Excel and SharePoint
- To better represent the communities we serve within a timely manner, applicants who live within 50 miles of the headquarter location will be given preference.
- Relevant PG&E Experience
- Relevant Hiring Hall Experience
PG&E Employees: You must have qualified on all prerequisite tests prior to submitting an application; and all secondary tests prior to interviewing. For more information on prerequisite and secondary exams, including study guides, please visit the Pre-employment testing program website.
- Clerical Test Battery