At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We are in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we are designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs.
Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position supporting the San Francisco, CA location.
What can you expect?
- As the Administrative Assistant, you’ll play an important role in providing secretarial and related administrative support services to the business to ensure adequate support to professional and management staff
- You will be part of a company committed to enhancing the health, wealth, and careers of the clients we serve and their employees — and will work for a company equally invested in the development of our own people
- You can rest assured a high value is placed on diversity and we work to foster understanding, inclusion, and innovation in the workplace
- You will be doing meaningful, challenging work, and can look forward to a career with many opportunities to learn, grow, and advance
What is in it for you?
At Mercer, we are as invested in creating brighter futures for our own people as we are for our clients. To help you reach your full potential, we offer a culture, benefits program and resources that support your wellbeing and career development as well as:
- A company with a strong brand and strong results to match and are committed to making a difference in the lives of people
- A culture of belonging, innovation, collaboration, internal mobility and extraordinary career opportunities through our four businesses: Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman, each consistently ranked the industry leader in their fields
- Competitive pay, full benefits package – starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, life insurance, generous 401k match AND automatic contribution)
- Generous paid time off for vacation, sick, company holidays and time to give back to your community; flexible work culture
- Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities, and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations
- Opportunities to participate in our mentor program, as well as participate in networking with other colleagues in our Business Resource Groups (BRGs) – Mercer Cares (community involvement), PRIDE, Women@Mercer, Racial & Ethnic Diversity and Rising Professionals Network!
We will count on you to:
- Maintains office operations by assigning priorities, delegating tasks to clerical staff, following up on results, establishing office supply inventory levels, troubleshooting equipment malfunctions, and evaluating new systems and equipment
- Maintain continuity of administrative work operations by documenting and communicating needed actions to management; discovering irregularities; determining continuing needs
- Manage calendar, schedule meetings, resolve scheduling conflicts, organize department social functions, and arrange travel for the department to optimize work performance
- Provide training and assistance to other administrative staff in the department to ensure deadlines are met
- Create and provide peer review of documents to ensure all documents produced adhere to established standards and to ensure quality control of final product
- Maintain department information by developing filing systems and procedures, and update and purge files
- Handle higher level internal and external inquiries to support high level of customer satisfaction and communication. Compile administrative information by researching sources, collecting and interpreting data, entering data, formatting and designing new formats for department use, and maintaining database information
- Undertake general administrative duties with specific projects as required. Maintain office operations by assigning priorities, delegating tasks to clerical staff, following-up on results, establishing office supply inventory levels, troubleshooting equipment malfunctions, and evaluating new systems and equipment
What you need to have:
- At least 1 year of experience in an administrative capacity
- Excellent organizational, project management, and time management skills; must be a self-starter, proactive, responsive, and resourceful
- Capacity to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills coupled with strong written and verbal communications
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing environments and different personalities; ; must handle sensitive information with professionalism and integrity
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office tools – Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
What makes you stand out:
- Experience working in a consulting firm or the healthy industry
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.