The Assistant Nurse Manager assists the Nurse Manager in ensuring the quality of patient care in the Pre-Op/PACU Areas and serves as a role model for professional nursing practice. This position is responsible for assisting the nurse manager with all aspects of the operations. This position supports the nurse manager in supervising all clinical and clerical staff, facilitating positive interaction among staff, patients and other departments. This position assumes full responsibility for the unit in the areas delegated and in the absence of the Nurse Manager.
The Pre-Op/PACU Assistant Nurse Manager works collaboratively with the OI Periop management team in providing crop coverage on a management level as well as sharing of staff along the Out-Patient Surgery continuum.
Hourly rate range: **$90-$92/hr**
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Minimum of two years of nursing experience in Pre-Op/PACU
- Proven leadership experience in a clinical practice
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a nursing advocate.
- Proven team building experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education and self-development.
- Knowledge and ability essential to the successful performance of duties assigned to this position.
- Demonstrated skills to effectively supervise clinicians and to manage the complex workflow and multiple priorities involved with a clinic(s) / center(s). Strong knowledge of practice operations.
- In depth knowledge of patient care clinical standards and care delivery, systems, external regulations, and internal policies.
- Strong knowledge of human resources management policies, with the ability to train, monitor, evaluate, and document human resources issues and performance, and to participate in decision-making on human resources matters.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with the ability to quickly analyze problems, determine appropriate level of intervention, and develop and apply effective solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills for effective collaborations and problem solving with all levels of management, staff, consultants, and outside agencies.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to train and mentor subordinates, and to convey complex clinical and technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong knowledge of business software and specialized applications and data management systems used in clinic / center patient care (MS Word, Excel and Outlook, EPIC, etc.).
Preferred Qualifications :
- OR experience
- Registered Nurse in the State of California.(RN)
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support)
- PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support)
- AHA CPR certification.