Associate, Sustainable Finance
Location: New York, NY | Washington, DC | San Francisco, CA | Centennial, CO
Grade Level: 11 (for internal purposes)
Currently hiring for an Associate to join our Sustainable Finance team within our Ratings practice based in one of our North American offices. The role would specifically be working as part of a growing team of dedicated sustainable finance analysts on ESG research and contribute to the development, application and roll out of new products in the ESG and green finance space.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
This role encompasses being a senior Sustainable Finance team member
- Work with all rating practices with regards to the roll out/delivery of Sustainable Finance products (ESG Evaluation, Second Party Opinions, and Transaction Evaluations);
- Over time become a Sustainable Finance expert in external engagements (Market outreach, customer interactions, ESG Evaluation preparedness meetings);
- Subject matter expert to support rating practices for ESG in ratings;
- Over time become a Standing member of the ESG and Second Party Opinion Committees;
- Contribute, as a Sustainable Finance expert, to individual ESG Evaluations or Second Party Opinions (either as primary evaluator or reviewer);
- Research and write thought leadership articles;
- Contribute to the development/enhancement of our ESG and Sustainable Financing Opinions analytical approaches;
- Be a champion of analytical and customer service excellence in the sustainable finance field as well as with regards to ESG in credit ratings;
- Contribute to seamless working environment across the Sustainable Finance group
Success will be measured by:
- Quality of Sustainable Financing Opinions and ESG evaluations produced (analytical excellence, quality of written reports, customer service);
- Contribution to the development of our team's analytical skills
- Contribution to ESG committee meetings as well as to thought leadership and market engagement;
- Compliance with relevant policies and procedures;
Minimum and Preferred Experience/Skills (Basic Qualifications)
- A blend of expert knowledge, analytical and organizational skills; Strong communicator with good interpersonal & soft skills. A good knowledge of S&P Global Ratings' methodologies and analytical approaches, especially related to Sustainable Finance, would be a plus.
- At least five years of relevant analytical experience, preferably in the field of Sustainable finance as well as a science-based qualification and/or finance/economics
- Strong communications skills with a view to eventually representing the company at variety of high-profile external conferences related to sustainable finance topics.
This role is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States.
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return-to-Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
About Company Statement:
S&P Global Ratings offers critical insights for credit, risk and sustainable finance solutions that are essential to translating complexity into clarity, so market participants can uncover opportunities.
Compensation/Benefits Information: (US ONLY)
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $82,600 to $140,000.
Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 272922
Posted On: 2022-05-09
Location: New York, New York, United States