MV Transportation is seeking a Facility Maintenance Technician, who is a journeyman facility maintainer with a combination of skills, abilities and training which enable him/her to perform all basic aspects of facility maintenance and more complex assignments under direction of the Director of Maintenance.
The Facility Maintenance Technician under limited supervisor of the Quality Assurance Supervisor, must act autonomously in developing daily personal work assignments to accomplish the workload of not only the maintenance of the facility and its appearance but management of the facility preventive maintenance program and in addition the following:
- Perform or facilitate and document all facility maintenance PMI services
- Diagnose facility issues for repair or communication to subcontractors or the Client including, electrical and HVAC systems
- Prepare and submit records of work performed both manual and computer based as required
- Record all parts and supplies used on equipment
- Become familiar with statutes and regulations pertaining to his trade
- Must become familiar with AFSS and Combustible Gas Detection system testing and repair
- Ensure safety policies and procedures are followed in the facility
- Keeps a clean and safe working environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma / two year technical degree desirable
- Minimum five (5) years progressive facility maintenance experience
- Required to provide tools of the trade
- Must have a functional understanding of the design, operation, and maintenance of commercial office buildings as well as the facility and components in a heavy duty vehicle maintenance shop
- Must become familiar with advanced technologies including alternative fuels
- Must become proficient in the use of facility diagnostic equipment and troubleshooting techniques
- Familiar with company policies and procedures
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent attention to detail skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.