Requisition ID # 105261
Job Category : Accounting / Finance
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Finance
PG&E's Business Finance team provides critical financial support to its operational Business Partners within the company. This support includes: financial analysis; budgeting, planning and forecasting; monitoring, controlling and accounting; operational performance reporting and analysis; and strategic planning and analysis. These services are critical to achieving the company's strategic, operational and financial objectives.
The Business Finance department provides a unique environment for energized and talented finance professionals to engage in the business as valued functional advisors, make meaningful contributions to the direction of a dynamic business, and be actively developed and recognized.
This role in particular will be within the Business Finance Shared Services organization supporting the Transportation services an dAviation Services business Unit.
The successful candidate will serve as the lead financial partner for the Transportation Services and Aviation Services organizations including financial planning, budgeting, reporting, forecasting, and affordability initiative support. This includes oversight of a Transportation Services and an Aviation Services budget of approximately $370M. The services offered by these organizations spans the areas of garage operations, fuel, rentals, depreciation expense and our capital vehicle replacement programs for Transportation, and oversight of our aerial fleet including Aircraft, Helicopter, and Drone programs in Aviation.
The position will report directly to a Business Finance manager and will work closely with the Transportation and Aviation Services organizations, as well as regulatory and operations partners across all lines of business.
The Expert is expected to drive business understanding within Finance, lead process, reporting and analytical improvement for both organizations. The successful candidate shall integrate with the client organization, and proactively work to continue our progress towards a best-in-class strategic and financial decision support function.
- Planning (Long Term): Develop, advise, and integrate the business unit financial plans and performance baselines to meet the Company's long term operational and financial objectives.
- Forecasting (Short Term): Provide timely, balanced forward looking financial assessments that capture current performance and enable nimble, value optimized operational and financial decisions.
- Reporting & Analysis (Historical): Provide timely and accurate monthly financial visibility that objectively assesses performance, and proactive financial analytics that identify opportunities, risks, and associated resolution recommendations.
- Affordability: Lead the financial evaluation, quantification and reporting of key business unit affordability initiatives.
- Process Optimization: Identify, and evaluate key processes for opportunities in effectiveness, control, and efficiency, and recommend and implement improvements.
- Tools: Provide active engagement on the evaluation, design, and use of our critical financial toolset.
- Governance: Implement and maintain functional governance standards, and provide feedback on areas of opportunity.
- Regulatory: Serve as the financial backbone for regulatory filings, support, and defense.
- Facilitates partner preparations for Business Performance Reviews by defining preparation schedules and preparing required documents (such as monthly ECS/variance analysis, annual budget requests, and budget prioritizations).
- Supports 3/5-year operating plan for partners, regulatory filings and integrated planning process.
- Helps coordinate monthly forecast process. Ensures alignment with regulatory filings.
- Reviews cost monitoring systems to ensure that adequate controls are in place to uncover and correct erroneous charges.
- Presents financial findings and provides recommendations to partners and Finance management.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Business, Finance, Accounting, Engineering or other quantitative discipline
Desired Qualifications, minimum above plus
- 8 years of relevant experience
- Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Engineering or related field
- Working knowledge of SAP R3, SAP Business Objects/Analysis for Office, PowerBI
- Excellent interpersonal communication and quantitative skills
- Intellectual curiosity, and relentless continuous improvement
- Strong Excel modeling and PowerPoint skills
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and overhead allocation models
- Value Integrator exposure and implementation
- Six Sigma / Lean experience
- Experience working within utility industry and/or fleet organization
- Ability to present complex data and findings to internal audiences
- Ability to apply knowledge and skill to resolve complex problems
- Ability to solicit and integrate information from a variety of sources
- Ability to use proper analytical techniques to breakdown and solve complex problems
- Ability to work across functions to influence decisions
- Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas to diverse audiences using a variety of media
- Ability to integrate industry knowledge into everyday business practices and decision making
- Understands the financial impacts of issues specific to the utility industry