ABOUT MARINHEALTH a UCSF Affiliate
Come and be a part of our healing team at the award-winning MarinHealth! Ranked in the top 3% of general hospitals in the country, we have made great strides since returning to our roots as an independent hospital. As Marin County’s only acute hospital and a vital resource for a wide range of essential health care services, it is our mission—and our passion—to excel in every medical specialty. We attract the finest physicians and employees who appreciate having the best of both worlds: the resources and medical sophistication of an academic medical center combined with the personalized, caring touch of an independent hospital. We have an exceptionally collaborative team that adheres to the highest service excellence standards to ensure that we deliver world-class, personalized care to patients. Our Joint-Commission accredited hospital has won numerous awards and certifications in delivering best-in-class health care in the San Francisco Bay Area.
WHAT WE OFFER
MarinHealth offers a generous suite of employee benefits, which includes a comprehensive and rich health benefits program (medical, dental, vision and prescription plans). Our robust Wellness @ Work program (e.g. onsite health & fitness classes, discounts, etc) also promotes a healthier lifestyle for employees and to support you on your Healthy Healer journey. Other benefits include, but are not limited to, a 403(b) contribution plan and company-funded retirement plan, life insurance, vacation, holiday and sick leave, which you will start accruing immediately. Our benefits are highly competitive and considered to be one of the best in the Bay Area! Find your healing place at MarinHealth.
External hires must pass a background check and medical screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classifications protected by federal, state & local laws.
The Clinical Education Specialist performs as an expert clinical practitioner for enhancing the care of patients admitted to MGH, with primary responsibility over assigned specialty unit(s). The position is responsible for a broad range of activities that include on-unit consultation for nursing staff, development of educational programming and online courseware, and auditing of staff competencies with a focus on providing safe patient care, evidenced-based practices, quality improvement, and excellent patient experience. Maintains collaborative relationships with all MGH Directors, Managers, staff, physicians, and appropriate community organizations and committees. Enhance quality and patient safety.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing required.
- Masters Degree in Nursing (Clinical Nurse Leader or Clinical Nurse Specialist) preferred.
- Five or more years experience in an acute care setting.
- Experience in healthcare education required.
- Must have a good working knowledge, ability to communicate and educate: The California Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission rules and regulations (TJC), Nursing Quality Indicators, Evidence Based Best Practices and Nursing Documentation.
- Ability to positively engage and educate in a one-on-one and group presentation setting, and create effective educational materials and competencies using various resources and computer applications.
- Demonstrated experience exercising initiative, creativity, resourcefulness, and flexibility in the education of hospital staff related to the objectives and strategic plans for the hospital.
- Ability to research, interpret, and analyze data from hospital specific applications, and produce solutions to improve processes. Advanced skills required for data reporting and data modeling utilizing Microsoft Office Suite applications and other data management software.
- Ability to carry out and present research projects as needed.
- Ability to handle stress, and effectively work with physicians, management, and patient care staff in support of special projects and auditing.
- Must have strong leadership skills, be compassionate, and have excellent bedside skills.
- A working knowledge, and able to educate on, electronic medical record nursing documentation.
- Current California Registered Nurse License.
- Current clinical specialty certification. OCN required for Medical/Oncology position.
- Current BLS AHA.
- Current ACLS Provider