Monogram (part of LabCorp) is seeking a Clinical Laboratory Scientist to join its team in the Cell Assay Department of our Clinical Laboratory in South San Francisco. In this position, you will perform both semi-automated and manual testing with the overall goal of providing results that will be used in the treatment of HIV, HCV, COVID-19, and other viral infections. Assays performed in this department use cellular virology techniques to determine susceptibility to antiretroviral drugs and COVID-19 drug development and treatment guidance.
The schedule for this position will be Tuesday - Saturday 11am-7:30pm
Starting pay-rate for entry level: $50.00/hr, and commensurate with experience.
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Utilize a wide array of instrumentation; dispensers, cell platers, automated sample handling systems and perform quality control and calibrations as required
- Recognize problems and initiate troubleshooting steps to evaluate testing failures and other problems
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
- Analyze specimen data and report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
- Actively participate in continuing education and in service training programs to maintain licensure
- Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
- Provide oversight for unlicensed laboratory staff and clinical laboratory scientists in training
- Reviews and updates Standard Operating Procedures
- May assist in the development of new assays and technology transfer from R&D
The coronavirus is a Biosafety Level 2 disease (BSL2), similar to other blood borne pathogens tested at Monogram, allowing us to utilize our existing universal safety policies and procedures that protects our employees. All employees are provided with the proper PPE including face shields and masks, lab coats, and gloves. We strictly enforce the use of PPE at all times. We pride ourselves on the safety measures taken within our facility to protect our employees who are dedicating their time to fighting this virus and other infectious diseases and making the world a safer place.
- BS/BA in Chemistry, Biology, Clinical Laboratory or similar scientific field
- Current California State Clinical Laboratory license required (CLS Generalist)
- Strong molecular biology or cell culture skills a plus
- Single and/or multi-channel pipetting experience desired
- Ability to work in a collaborative, flexible environment
- Familiarity of statistical methods and application to the analysis of complex assays
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills and attention to detail
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!