SUMMARY: Under direction, Ambulatory Infusion Nurses perform professional nursing duties for outpatient clinical areas specializing in the administration of medications, fluids, and blood products to patients through injections and infusions into patients' veins. The nurse will treat and educate patients, their families regarding various medical conditions; perform diagnostic tests and analyze results; operate medical equipment; administer treatment and medications; make assessments, create a plan of care and evaluate; perform care coordination; provide lead direction to other nursing and paraprofessional personnel and perform other duties as assigned.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:NOTE:The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Organizes, supervises, makes adjustments and accepts responsibility for the quality of care provided patients and families by co-workers for a given work period; responsibilityas a team leader whenassigned.
2. Participates in the implementation of patient care standards, infection control standards and quality assurance criteria; assist with conducting studies; participates in unit and othermeetings.
4. Provides patient-centered care that is respectful of, and responsive to, individual patient preferences, needs and values. Provides and promotes excellence in customer service for both internal and external customers.
5. Collaborates with patients and other healthcare providers to deliver coordinated, high quality care
6. Performs nursing care following prescribed roles, policies, protocols and procedures.
7. Administer medications (including chemotherapy), fluids, and blood to patients through injections and infusion into patients' veins.
8. Clinical skills include but are not limited to: vital signs, maintain vascular access devises, Point of Care Testing and phlebotomy.
9. Provides clinical support and direct care management including patient education, goal setting, self-management teaching and coaching.
10. Provides care coordination of patient-centered care, based on evidence-based guidelines; coordination based on patients’ health care needs and treatment recommendations to establish and maintain a plan of care jointly created and managed by patient, family and care team.
11. Performs accurate assessment of patient conditions and utilizes guidelines to create an effective plan of care.
12. Administers medications, immunizations, performs medication reconciliation. Titrates medications/manages refills per clinical guidelines.
13. Coordinate schedules for treatment regimens and patient appointments.
14. Coordinate services with laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, medical clinic and hem/onc clinic.
15. Critically evaluates and uses good judgment in unusual or emergent situations.
16. Ability to empathize with vulnerable populations and underserved patients.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Required Education: Graduate of an accredited Registered Nursing Program
Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher.
Required Experience: Six months experience in a comparable area of specialty with AHS or the equivalent of one year full time recent experience at a comparable level in the area of specialty; (if experience is not recent, completion of an approved refresher course may be acceptable).
Required Licenses/Certifications:Valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.
Required Licenses/Certifications: BLS - Basic Life Support Certification issued by the American Heart Association.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Provide existing (or obtain new, if needed) NPI number
Required Licenses/Certifications: Acquire and maintain chemotherapy certification within three months of hire.
Must have ONS chemo cert
Highland General Hospital
Infusion Services Center
Services As Needed / Per Diem