Robert Half is seeking a Corporate Paralegal to work in the Legal Department to support the provision of legal services to the Company by the lawyers in the department for both corporate and litigation matters. The paralegal manages individual functions with supervision from lawyers and collaborates with lawyers and with other colleagues across corporate functions. Duties include subsidiary maintenance, license fillings, preparing reports and logs, maintaining data on various legal projects, due diligence review for acquisitions or threatened or active litigation, preparation of summaries and presentations, file organization and maintaining corporate minutes, among other tasks.
- Primary responsibility for gathering information for weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and logs used by team. Updates the information for the period. Monitors deadlines for reports, sends prompts and reminders or escalates to a supervisor or department lawyer in order to support timely reporting. Initial point of contact for data in report to corporate services business units or external counsel. Distributes Report on schedule.
- Prepares state and local filings for employment licenses, dba filings, parent and subsidiary corporate filings and related correspondence with external counsel. Monitors due dates and proactively gathers supporting approvals and signatures for timely filings. Provides notary jurat as required on filings or arranges for notary. Routine litigation related correspondence with insurance broker, external counsel and witnesses.
- Performs research to assist attorneys in all aspects of the company’s business. Summarize research and prepare reports for attorneys.
- Manage projects with an attorney leading the matter. Organize and strategize on how to proceed with a project, the interim steps needed to complete the project, monitoring the project and timely meeting the deadlines associated with the project.
- Calculates fees and handles A/P process for fees related to filings. Receive, track, log, and initiate payment process for invoices, including law firm invoices and legal department expenses.
- Responsible for file set up for new corporate or litigation matters. Gathers facts and documents for claims. Calendar filing deadlines for corporate filings or litigation claims. Maintain and update case or corporate information in files.
- Associates Degree with Paralegal or legal secretary training
- 5+ years as legal secretary or paralegal
- MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint + Legal database software
- Knowledge of basic accounting concepts
- Notary or ability to obtain notary license
At Robert Half, there’s more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it’s like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California, Corporate Services office. Take a look at roberthalf.com/corporate-office-video.
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate Services job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s Corporate Services facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call 1.855.744.6947 for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
CA MENLO CORPORATE