About Us: LifeMoves is one of the largest and most effective providers of shelter and supportive services across Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Peninsula. As a results-driven organization, since 1987, our mission has been to provide interim housing and supportive services that create opportunities for homeless families and individuals to rapidly return to stable housing and long-term self-sufficiency. Our successful therapeutic service model combines clean, modern housing with intensive supportive services that promote dignity and motivate our clients to achieve autonomy. LifeMoves operates over 15 major sites from San Jose to Daly City.
Culture: LifeMoves staff are dedicated to serving our community. Diverse in background, outlook and life experience, our team addresses important social issues with passion and creativity. A culture of collaboration and innovation provides a thriving and successful environment for all. We foster personal growth through ongoing investment in the professional development of our staff. Together, we are committed to breaking the cycle of homelessness and helping our clients achieve long-term self-sufficiency.
LifeMoves | Opportunity Services Center is seeking an experienced Case Manager to work in a day drop in center setting providing case management, outreach services, and mostly engagement services to unsheltered homeless people residing in homeless encampments and other places not meant for human habitation. The successful Case Manager will utilize a multidisciplinary approach to engage the hardest to serve homeless in an effort to connect them to services within the drop in center and community at large, and ultimately help them find housing. The primary responsibilities will center on engaging the most difficult clients in the courtyard. These are clients who refuse to engage in any meaningful case management services either as a result of severe mental illness or addiction.
- Provide outreach, engagement, and case management services to unsheltered homeless individuals
- Complete intakes and assessments in courtyard using mobile technology
- Ensure that every client in the drop in center has a case manager, has completed all assessments and working on their goals
- Provide crisis management for clients; makes linkages for interventions as appropriate.
- Keep track of all new clients and assigning them to case management services
- Develop and maintain good relationships with the drop in clients to help mitigate chaotic situations.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with the Palo Alto Police department
- Identify permanent/supportive housing opportunities by working with landlords and partner agencies
- Identify target population, perform screening assessments, make appropriate referrals, and provide linkage to primary care, mental health, short term residential stabilization, and other social services offered through the continuum of care
- Provide relevant resources, health information and linkages based on individual health care needs
- Keep up to date case notes and data
- Develop, implement and revise individual case plans and consistently monitor progress toward client goals
- Attend weekly case consultation meetings and monthly training; meet regularly with supervisor to exchange pertinent information and receive supervision
- Provide on-going supportive and/or case management functions in accordance with the case/treatment plan
- Maintain a high level of ethical conduct regarding confidentiality, dual-relationships, and professional stat