About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company is a leading financial services company that has approximately $1.9 trillion in assets and proudly serves one in three U.S. households and more than 10% of all middle market companies in the U.S. We provide a diversified set of banking, investment and mortgage products and services, as well as consumer and commercial finance, through our four reportable operating segments: Consumer Banking and Lending; Commercial Banking; Corporate and Investment Banking; and Wealth and Investment Management. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer & Small Business Banking (CSSB)
Consumer and Small Business Banking (CSBB) provides financial services to 21 million retail bank households and three million small business customers through approximately 4,900 retail branches, 17 customer service centers, and more than 13,000 ATMs in 36 states and the District of Columbia. We serve and help individuals and families in many aspects of their lives, helping them buy homes, open first bank and savings accounts, buy cars to get to and from work or school, and start or grow small businesses. CSBB is focused on innovating and transforming with the customer at the center, better enabling customers to engage with us how, when, and wherever they choose. As an industry leader in many consumer and small business areas – including retail deposits, debit card transaction and purchase volume, and small business lending – our primary goal is delivering for our customers.
CSBB Operations (CSSBO) primarily supports consumer and small business customer segments by delivering on end-to-end servicing across the customers’ lifecycle. Services include customer service, fraud and claims management, ATM strategy and cash management supply chain, letters and statements, and core operational banking activities that support account reconciliation, state and federal regulatory compliance, account maintenance and transaction clearing. CSBB Operations’ focus is to define and drive a transformational strategy to improve customer experience and business profitability, while also ensuring effective risk and control management and a talent strategy focused on diversity, equity and inclusion as well as leadership competencies necessary for future success.
The CSBBO Applications Management Leader drives planning, implements strategy, and owns accountability for the effective design, optimal performance, timely maintenance, and potential rationalization of all applications in CSBBO’s ATM Strategy and Vendor Solutions (ASVS) business, in close partnership with Technology. Applications in scope will fall into four families: ATM, Cash Vaults, Print, Mail.
This leader’s role is to act as the primary business owner of these applications and own business architecture, product ownership (including ongoing management of application backlog), user acceptance testing and data governance. The successful candidate will collaborate with Technology for the ongoing management and maintenance of applications and as well as to lead, influence, and manage large scale, transformative projects, designed to implement new applications that drive process efficiency, operational excellence, reduced expenses and improved customer experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partner and collaborate closely with Technology to deliver on requirements for all applications
- Develop innovative solutions that addresses business needs while increasing efficiency for the bank
- Develop a comprehensive view of cost/efficiency and risk/benefit tradeoff for each critical activity
- Provide day to day oversight of activities ensuring practices align with corporate policies and control requirements
- Lead a large and diverse team (50+ FTEs) across several locations
The successful candidate will demonstrate leadership and credibility with a proven ability to influence broadly across a matrixed organization, create engagement, and drive results. He/she will manage multiple non-production business functional areas with cross-group impact including process/quality management, project management, business systems consulting and agile product owners. This executive will be articulate and have strong interpersonal effectiveness with an impeccable reputation for integrity, accuracy, consistency, and business acumen.
As an Employee Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically, you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your employees feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented employees, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing, and developing employees, identifying, and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 8+ years of experience in one or more of the following functional areas: business process, quality assurance, strategic planning, or project management
- 6+ years of management experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- 10 + years Application Management Experience: experience in leading Application Management area with complex eco-system of applications, and proven ability to engage with business stakeholders and to work in close partnership with Technology. Proven ability to operate effectively in Agile Scrum/Kanban environment as well as traditional software development methodologies. Familiarity with at least one family of applications relevant for ASVS (ATM, Cash Vaults, Print Mail). Broad experience in technology management, including business requirements/user stories, product roadmaps, development, implementation, testing, support and program management.
- Strategic Thinking, Creativity, and Implementation: Proven success thinking strategically and creatively about business problems, breaking down problems and presenting solutions while evaluating the pros and cons of each option. Identifies business opportunities by delivering thoughtful analysis with strong logical thinking. Thinks in innovative ways about problems and issues and develops/ implements creative solutions to business problems
- Planning & Execution: Experience leading of a cross functional/virtual team to strategize, plan and execute on applications development and support that are significant in scope, complexity, and risk.
- Leadership: Demonstrated success creating a vision, structure, organization, processes, and metrics that enable and accelerate transformation.
- Change Leadership/Mindset: A transformational leader with -proven success being a change agent helping others to adopt and implement new strategies within a large, complex matrixed organization. Ability to drive change with own team and proven success influencing change with partners.
- Proven and demonstrated leadership skills including relationship building, partnering, and collaborating with clear ability to influence, gain buy-in and negotiate with a diverse group of business partners/stakeholders including senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively in a heavily matrixed organization with a high degree of initiative and strong ability to meet key responsibilities with limited direction and oversight.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong credible internal/external relationships with key stakeholder groups including executive management risk and technology.
- Proven ability to communicate well verbally and in writing with internal and external stakeholders of different levels, including experience presenting to senior executives with the ability to simplify complex information in a clear manner.
- Up to 25%
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.