The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking a Director in M&A Services for our KPMG Strategy practice.
• As a key advisor to corporate clients, direct and deliver operational due diligence services and key analytical outputs, while overseeing teams of consultants on each engagement
• Work closely with the engagement Partner/Managing Director to lead and develop client relationships
• Help lead business development efforts focused on M&A/operational due diligence, including writing proposals, participating in pitch meetings, and negotiating scope and terms
• Lead the team to create value-add insights that tie to the client's strategic and financial ambitions, including identifying the underlying value proposition and challenging the client's near and long term investment thesis through structured data analyses to identify operational risks, efficiencies, or other opportunities
• Work across B2B and B2C healthcare and life sciences industries, including pharmaceuticals, hospitals and health systems, retail healthcare, healthcare technology, medical devices, diagnostics, etc.
• Participate in the professional development of KPMG Strategy team members and assist with the recruiting and training of new staff
• Participate in the development development of KPMG thought leadership and other go-to market materials
• A minimum of eight years external consulting experience in a client-facing strategy discipline at a Big 4 firm, major strategy firm, or a boutique strategy firm, with a focus on private equity due diligence, operational due diligence, and/or operational performance improvement; additional relevant work experience, ideally with M&A Operations work experience for a private equity firm, strategy and/or corporate development department of a Fortune 100 firm
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university, preferably in Business Administration, Engineering, or other related field; Master's degree in Business Administration from an accredited college/university is preferred
• Experience helping global corporations and/or private equity firms conduct thorough analysis of potential acquisition targets, including assessing and executing operational due diligence, carve-outs, and performance improvements; plus project/program management, strategic cost management, operational improvement, customer profitability, pricing, discount optimization, organizational restructuring, change management, and/or corporate turn-arounds
• Strong business acumen, with analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to understand how business model decisions impact operating model design/execution across operations, technology, risk governance and organizational design
• Comfort with ambiguity and fluid consulting situations
• Willingness and ability to travel
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The <a href=" assets.kpmg.com/content/dam/kpmg/us/pdf/2018/09/eeo.pdf">attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.