We are looking for a IT Leader Director to be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of our corporate computer systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs, and timelines. You will supervise and be extremely hands on in the implementation and maintenance of Company’s computing needs, including system interoperability and efficiency.
A successful candidate will have experience building IT from the startup stage to a large company, a proven professional history, and a detailed knowledge of industry best practices.
- Assess corporate technology systems, determine strategy for changes, enhancement and improvements; recommend and implement the same. And then, Manage information technology and corporate systems and networks, and IT team, to fulfill the Company’s mission.
- Ensure equipment, services, and software is appropriately and efficiently procured and provisioned for Employee Onboarding and on going lifecycle management. Develop, manage and monitor Company standards to such corporate assets.
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate corporate IT and data operations
- Work with security operations and compliance to design, develop, implement and coordinate security systems, policies, and procedures related all elements of internal compliance
- Ensure security of data, network access, and backup systems by designing, developing, deploying, managing and monitoring all security aspects of our internal operating environment. Work with Security and Infrastructure Operations, as well as other internal teams to evaluate vendors, comply with customers and deploy our own security risk assessments and remediations.
- Identify problematic areas, recommend solutions, work cross functionally to determine solutions and quickly implement strategic solutions in a timely fashion that minimizes risk for the Company.
- Proactively and independently audit systems, assess their outcomes and address problems by making the necessary improvements without adverse impact on the organization.
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures.
- Drive and collaborate on the development and maintenance of IT policies and Business Continuity Plans with the engineering infrastructure team.
- Take a proactive, collaborative and respected leadership role in the Company to galvanize support of a robust, efficient and secure technology organization.
- Proven work experience leading IT in a startup and growing with the organization
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Experience in data governance, data architecture, data flow and system architecture to optimize the same
- Hands-on experience with helpdesk support, computer networks, network administration, and network installation
- Ability to work very independently and must have strong organizational, communication and customer service skills
- Systems: Mac OS, Cisco, Google Workspaces, MS Office, VPNs, Mobile (iOS and Android)
- Admin and system familiarity experience with: Mac, Okta, Jamf, Gsuite, Cisco Meraki
- Extensive Mac system support and troubleshooting experience a must
- Experience related to and assistance with ISO27001 and SOC2 audits is a plus
- Degree in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years experience in IT with escalating demonstrations of responsibility
- Must be eager to work hard, to learn many new skills, solve problems, and integrate tightly with the rest of the team
- Willingness to support a global organization with limited staff via off hours activity while maintaining a healthy work-life balance
- At Company, we understand that diversity in the workplace is vital to a company’s success and growth. We strive to make sure that people are included and have a sense of being part of making Company not only a great product but a great place to work.
- We regularly hear from both customers and researchers that Company feels like a family, and we strive to maintain that internally as well.
- Our team consists of a broad range of people: musicians, adventure sports junkies, nature lovers, parents, cereal enthusiasts, night owls, cyclists, artists—you get the point.
- We use an agile development methodology, but we’re not dogmatic about it. It’s meant to empower, not impose.
- Company was founded in Australia, so expect a few Aussies here in SF, as well as our Sydney office. Vegemite is in the kitchen, but consumption is optional.
- We come from all over though: there are 24 different flags currently hanging in the office representing our countries of origin.