Rapidly growing, profitable start-up in the bay area looking for a sharp Director of Digital Manufacturing Engineering to join their growing team!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Roxy Kupfert
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $160,000 - $250,000 per year
A bit about us:
Located in San Francisco Mission District we are a growing digital manufacturing start up in the consumer products industry looking for an experienced Director of Digital Manufacturing Engineering to join our growing team and make a huge impact.
Digital Manufacturing Engineering is at the heart of our business model, allowing us to launch and produce high-quality small-batch designs at a fraction of traditional manufacturing costs.
The goal of this position is to build a team is that will develop robust, efficient and scalable digital manufacturing technologies to facilitate the on-demand production of design-forward, sustainable home goods. We currently operate an FDM 3D printing-based manufacturing process that supports two custom-developed plant polymer blends for use in our products.
Why join us?
We offer a comprehensive compensation package including but not limited to:
- A base salary ranging from $160K-$180K (DOE) + EQUITY!
- Full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Bonus program coming soon
- Collaborative and highly intelligent team
- Leading a team of mechanical, electrical, materials and manufacturing engineers in defining, developing, documenting, training, deploying, and maintaining manufacturing and test processes at our factory
- Driving the world's migration from century-old mass manufacturing to a digital, on-demand future
- Designing, developing and optimizing end-to-end digital manufacturing processes that achieve our quality, cost and scalability requirements
- Optimizing our FDM 3D printer designs to maximize speed, yield and reliability
- Improving print profile to enhance quality, speed and yield, and enable new geometries
- Automating labor-intensive parts of the production process using robotics
- Research and develop custom machines
- Improving the quality, printability and sustainability of our plant-based polymer materials
- Researching and prototyping new materials that can be digitally manufactured for use in current and future product lines
- Partnering with Industrial Design, Production, Supply Chain and our manufacturing partners to drive continuous improvements KPIs and resolve bottlenecks
- Collaborating with facilities to roll out new machines and processes
- Supporting Industrial Design with new product developments
MUST HAVE, strong experience with majority of the following:
- Managing a team
- Manufacturing engineering and production challenges
- Developing and scaling new manufacturing processes
- 3D printing, in particular FDM and binder jetting
- Strong passion towards the future of digital manufacturing
- Mechanical design, precision manufacturing, materials sciences and manufacturing automation
Please apply through the link or email your resume directly to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]!
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.