Thunkable is on a mission to democratize app development and empower everyone to build without writing a single line of code. Our platform enables anyone to build and publish their own iOS, Android, and web apps for free. Today, non-engineers use Thunkable to prototype and share new ideas, develop proofs-of-concept for their own digital business, design, and ship their own ad-supported and premium apps, and many more things. Thunkable was incubated at Google Research and MIT. We are backed by Lightspeed, NEA, SV Angel, Zhenfund, and Y-Combinator. Our founders are engineers who wanted to extend the power and fun of creation to people who don't code. We value creativity, openness, transparency, persistence, and entrepreneurialism. The company is based in San Francisco, but operates globally, with team members working across a number of cities, countries, and time zones. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace helps ensure we learn from each other's different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives and is critical for building a product that supports the wide range of our users' needs. Thunkable is an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
About the role
Thunkable is seeking a Director of Finance to join the Thunkable team to help us with financial planning and strategy. You'll work closely with the CEO and CTO to manage accounting and bookkeeping, prepare forecasts and comprehensive budgets and oversee audit and tax functions. You'll have the opportunity to explore and expand Thunkable's finance department.
http://tiffanyashleybooks.com/tag/photo-shoot What You'll Do
- Lead Thunkables financial planning and ongoing reporting processes including annual budget, forecasting for key expense areas.
- Analyzing, reporting and translating financial data and financial performance. Understanding of the key technology areas or knowledge of software as a service (SaaS) businesses.
- Work with Thunkable senior leadership to create budgets, review budgets. Advise business leadership of opportunities and risks impacting business performance
- Analytical skills to translate large amounts of data into useful information
- Communication skills to tailor messaging as required for audiences of varying level of seniority and technical expertise
- Manage Internal Controls. Lead key initiatives to continuously improve and automate Thunkable's financial controls and operations.
http://ingridmae.com/wp-includes/wp-atom.php What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or both (Bonus: MBA or M. Finance)
- Have 5+ years of strategic finance, operational finance and cash flow impact at a high-growth technology startup.
- Thrive in high-performance cultures, handle stress well, and aren't afraid of long hours in pursuit of meaningful work.
- A thorough understanding of financial standards and accounting software in the industry. Used to rapid change and learning new things.
- Know how to find direction and craft a plan of action even when none is given to you. Experience managing finances.
- Strong analytical experience, can review complex data sets, develop a team that sets the gold standard for financial modeling.
- Know how to distill complex financial data into digestible outputs and analysis for use across Thunkable.
- Broad knowledge of accounting principals.
- Strong aptitude for math.
- Strong Communication skills
Thunkable, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Thunkable provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Thunkable complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.