Director of Health Information Technology (HIT) - Alameda CA
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 122 programs and over 3,510 employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized by The Bay Area Business Times as the 9 th Best Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2020! This is the 18th time we have made the list!
Our Corporate Headquarters has over 250 employees in the following departments: Executive, Development, Finance, Information Systems, Human Resources, Operations, and Marketing & Operations.
Employment Status: Full-Time
The Director of Health Information Technology (HIT) is responsible for directing all activities and resources associated with Telecare's Electronic Health Record (EHR) initiative and related Health Information Systems. The role will direct all HIT implementations, start-ups, and operational activities, including all IT architectural, development, implementation, support and administrative functions. The Director will cultivate, maintain and enhance team collaboration, county/customer relationships, and vendor relationships to further the goals of the organization. The Director will nurture harmonious relationships and ensure cross-departmental project dependencies are defined, understood, and effectively managed.
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Business Administration or Healthcare related field
- Five (5) years' experience working as a program manager, or seven (7) years' experience as a project manager with PMP certification, or seven (7) years' experience as a manager in healthcare administration or related discipline
- Three (3) years' experience directing the implementation and/or operation teams of an Electronic Health Record (EHR) or comparable Health Information Systems (HIS)
- Proven ability to direct five (5) projects simultaneously to successful outcomes, and experience in project and "service level" work with demonstrated ability to participate fully in multiple or simultaneous projects with different and competing timelines
- Proven ability to strategically plan, identify and bring forth solutions
- Extensive working knowledge of IT Operations Management and Project Management life cycles
- Extensive working knowledge of portfolio and project management tools and methodologies
- Proven ability to quickly transform data into analyses that enable informed decisions
- Excellent speaking, written and verbal communication, and ability to present content detail at the appropriate level (executive leadership or other levels)
- Proven ability to achieve solutions through influence on collaborative projects
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
- All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply
- Experience with Netsmart, Avatar, and/or other EMR/EHR systems including charting or lab systems.
- Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
- Direct all operations, projects, and resources of Health Information Technology (BHIS/EHR Program) across all functions (Architecture, Implementation, Development/Engineering, Support & Administration)
- Proactively monitors the performance and capacity requirements of Health Information Technology, and directs follow-up to avoid issues
- Implement a high-performing team structure and processes across all Health Information Technology domains (Architecture, Implementation, Development/Engineering, Support & Administration)
- Assesses cross-portfolio (i.e. other programs) demand and assists in the assessment of overall portfolio re-balancing
- Ensure the adoption of a common or complementary process for alignment with the business case and prioritization standards
- Serves as the single point of contact and ensures overall accountability for the Program
- Delivers regular updates to business stakeholders, including Sr. Management on key projects and critical deliverables and general state of Health Information Technology
- Facilitates key governance body meetings and cross-program communications
- Establishes a Health Information Technology Office to serve as the central coordination point
- Ensures the development of a logical, technical, and application system model that is reflective of the total solution being implemented
- Develops scheduled phases, activities, tasks, and work plans, and tracks milestones and associated deliverables
- Guides the project teams in defining and utilizing effective methodologies and tools to facilitate project activities, deliverables, and outcomes
- Provides recommended improvements to methods, tools, and procedures for service delivery
- Provides a clear escalation path to the team and cross-functional peers
- Directs and manages strategic HIT vendors relationships
- Directs and manages strategic HIT customer/county relationships
- Establishes and maintain a productive and positive working relationship with vendors, customers, team-members and Sr. Leaders
- Oversees change control and ensures an effective change management process is defined and adhered to
- Provides monthly budget updates for Health Information Technology, including updated forecasts for the remaining work and the associated variance to the original budget
- Proactively addresses project variances with the members served
- Reviews and in some cases approves the actual hours, expenses and estimates-to-complete (ETCs) for project team members
- Reviews and approves invoices, including any third-party invoices to be paid by the customers; follow-up on unpaid invoices with the customer
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
- Logical, analytical thinker with great influencing skill,
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities
- Collaborative with the ability to work with diverse teams
- Strong ability to effectively apply project and program management best practices
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and effectively deal with ambiguity
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, Windows operating systems, and Internet Explorer, as well as all additional technologies specific to this position
- Able to learn new computer applications and technologies quickly
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, reach, walk, twist, bend and lift and carry items weighing 10 pounds or less as well as to sit frequently and do simple grasping occasionally. The position requires manual deviation, repetition, dexterity, and occasional driving.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.