Position Description Summary:
Responsible for loading and unloading freight containers and pallets to maximize available space. Responsible for sorting freight shipments to appropriate containers and pallets or driver routes. Perform functions in accordance with safety standards. Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
- Loads inbound and outbound freight to maximize the utilization of containers and pallets
- Unload inbound and outbound containers and pallets and sort according to size of freight and destination
- Read, decode, and decipher freight codings in order to expedite freight movement and tracing process
- Label, weigh, and dimensionalize freight
- Perform clean-up activities in work area to ensure safety and cleanliness of dock
- Record damaged shipments and misrouted freight on applicable reports The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
This is an intermediate level position. Good interpersonal skills required. High school diploma or equivalent required. Generally prefer 2-4 years of experience. Must maintain a valid driver's license. Must be able to read, decode, and decipher freight codings; operate hand truck and fork lift; and in some cases perform tasks in inclement weather conditions.
We offer a number of plans for a variety of health care services and supplies, including preventative care, inpatient and outpatient services and prescription drugs.
The option for separate vision coverage for eye exams, frames, and contact lenses.
The option for separate dental coverage to cover preventative major and basic dental services.
The company offers a pre-tax 401(k) contribution plan with a company match.
We offer direct deposit to all employees.
On a calendar year basis, the Company pays all employees 6 major holidays, including New Year's Days, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, plus 4 floating holidays.
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity