Job Title: Education Business Partner / Technical Learning Architect (Professional Services)
Join us as we pursue our ground-breaking new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the world's first Data-to-Everything Platform. Now organizations no longer need to worry about where their data is coming from, and they are free to focus on the business outcomes that data can deliver. Join Splunk and our Global Technical Enablement team.
The mission of the Global Technical Enablement team is to enable the Splunk technical field and partners with knowledge and skills needed to effectively perform their roles and responsibilities.
We are looking for an innovative and experienced Education Business Partner to act as our Technical Learning Architect dedicated to managing our Professional Services Technical Enablement needs. This position reports into the Global Director of Technical Enablement.
To grow the demand for Splunk in the market through innovation, technology, and services, and ensure that the Professional Services (PS) organization can effectively build their capability to deliver outcomes with Splunk, this role will ensure that the Splunk PS Consultants, Architects, and other roles have the technical knowledge and skills needed. By demonstrating deep technical background and knowledge of the roles they perform and how to effectively enable them, this role will provide strategic vision and execute tactically to help us expand, evolve, modernize, and measure the impact of our technical enablement programs. This is a high-energy position in a global company that requires someone who is quick to pick up new skills and can work well with colleagues and customers in different geos, organizations, and teams.
- Serve as first point of contact for technical enablement for cross-functional leaders within the Professional Services organization, including partnering with our Partner network, Product and Technology organization, and the Education and Tech Enablement teams. Collaborating with internal PS leaders, managers, SMEs, technical enablement program managers.
- Build and execute a strategic technical enablement plan for professional services to facilitate growth and development of consultants, architects, and other PS roles.
- Design multi-tiered technical enablement programs that incorporate a blend of methods to maximize retention and adoption (i.e., onboarding, peer to peer community learning, hands-on workshops, on-demand tools, lab simulations, and playbooks)
- Define a holistic (technical and non-technical skills) enablement strategy, process and prioritized learning roadmap for persona-aligned programs/curricula/learning maps based on stakeholder needs, key learner requirements (critical competencies, skills, and abilities for success in role), business opportunity and goals.
- Build an operating framework of measures and key KPI's to demonstrate the execution and business impact of the enablement strategy
- Drive the execution of the persona specific enablement across phased activities (e.g., design, development, delivery, evaluation) and life cycle of relevance - from onboarding to continuous learning and quarterly enablement plans
- Ensure release readiness for "owned" personas - ensuring systems, processes and needs are represented with Product Teams (Dev, PMO, Doc, QA) and Solution teams as part of new Product and Feature introductions.
- Collaborate across the organization partnering closely with the Product Portfolio Manager, Technical Content Development team, subject matter experts and stakeholders who are critical to defining business requirements, technical and foundational skills frameworks, content, and materials and who will reinforce consistency, commitment and help reduce redundant efforts.
- Analyze business and learner performance metrics to inform enablement strategy and to continuously improve quality of content, format, and delivery
- Become embedded in functional/persona teams to serve as a "trusted advisor" and ensure true understanding of both business and individual enablement needs
- Participate in persona-aligned staff meetings and interlocks to gather enablement requirements and feedback and to present quarterly business reviews
- Evangelize, communicate, and market enablement programs and initiatives through learning maps, Slack, portal updates, newsletters, quarterly webcasts, etc.
- 7+ years of experience delivering and creating technical training at Enterprise/SaaS companies.
- 3+ years of experience building technical training programs or technical courses, upskilling customer facing roles by designing, creating, maintaining, and deploying hands-on technical learning modules, learning paths, accreditations or curriculums, and working with Technical L&D teams.
- Understand the PS Consultants, Architects, and any other related PS role's main job tasks during the Customer engagements.
- Knowledge of Splunk, monitoring, networking, and security; Enterprise software and Cloud technologies
- Proven ability to influence and closely partner with:
- The Professional Service leadership to ensure our enablement programs are meeting the needs of their organization programs and initiatives.
- Subject Matter Experts and Content developers to create instructionally sound, engaging, and interactive technical enablement content
- Global Field Enablement team members who are creating sales enablement and Global Technical Enablement Product Portfolio Managers who focus on product-based learning experiences
- Education and Certification teams for Accreditation and Learning Paths development
- Proven ability to work independently with a "make it happen" attitude; able to operate and execute in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity; problem solver and quick learner
- Experience with education technology such as learning management systems, sales enablement platforms, video services, content development tools, and virtual delivery platforms
- Strong technical, analytic, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to connect the dots organizationally, network effortlessly, influences various roles, levels, and profiles to drive collaboration and program excellence
- Strong team player qualities
- Self-manages workload to meet deadlines and prioritize accordingly
Education: Bachelors' degree in a technical field, Instructional Design or equivalent practical experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!