http://gwadarcentral.com/survivors/apex489595.she Job Location
Yosemite National Park - El Portal, CA
buy Pregabalin cheap Salary Range
$42,000.00 - $45,000.00
NatureBridge provides environmental science education experiences for more than 30,000 students and their teachers every year in the world's best classrooms: our National Parks. Our mission is to connect young people to the science and wonder of the natural world, igniting self-discovery and inspiring stewardship of the planet.
What You Will Do:
The Education Manager coordinates the supervision, support, training and coaching of Environmental Science Educators in curriculum, pedagogy, risk management and program logistics. They work with other NatureBridge campuses and other members of the Yosemite administrative team. Together, this team is responsible for managing the education staff, overseeing systems and supporting the day-to-day operation of Yosemite NatureBridge education programs.
This job requires regular attendance on campus in El Portal or Yosemite Valley, and cannot be performed remotely.
Your primary job will be to:
- Supervise up to 12 educators as direct reports, and support all educators with coaching and overall supervision, including training, scheduling, and conflict management; use our ECAP system to observe and provide focused feedback to educators
- Assist the Education Director in staff development and curriculum design, and stay informed on Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), Social-Emotional Learning (SEL), and topics such as inquiry-based learning, diversity and equity, and responsible environmental behavior
- Foster a positive and inclusive work community culture, and establish supportive relationships with staff, volunteers, and participants.
- Use the lens of our Equity, Inclusion & Diversity framework to drive personal, professional, and departmental goals
- Coordinate and collaborate with other departments to support risk management, facilities use, payroll, and educator housing
- Act as the Day Manager and the rotating Manager on Call during programs, and support NatureBridge emergency response in the field
- Substitute for educators in the field
- As the Science + Stewardship Lead:
- Oversee the development of science and stewardship curriculum and lead in training educators in the facilitation of science investigations and data sharing; be in charge of NatureBridge science equipment
- Work with National Park Service scientists and compliance officers to develop and manage student field research projects in the Park, including securing permits and stewardship reporting
- Support science education grants with tracking and recording data, managing and supporting deliverables, provide data to the Development team, and managing grant funds
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Weekend work is required occasionally and evening work is required regularly.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates both in a professional office environment and in an outdoor setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to regularly stand; walk up to 7 miles on uneven terrain at 2 miles per hour pace; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl; talk, hear, taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- $42 - 45,000/year
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Eligible for a 403b retirement fund and employer matching
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave
- Transitional shared rental housing is available through December 31, 2022.
Who You Are:
We are looking for applicants who:
- Have 3+ years of programming experience in environmental science education, with an emphasis on NGSS, BEETLES/inquiry methodology, and other current trends in science education
- Approach themselves and others with a growth mindset, and have 1+ years of experience leading successful and collaborative teams of educators, including coaching experience
- Demonstrate commitment to equity and inclusion in education, and creating positive community work culture. We especially encourage you to apply if you have lived experience as a member of (or extensive experience working with people from) any communities that are impacted by the historic and current system of oppression that has limited access to environmental education, or the outdoors in general.
- Are familiar with student-centered field research, using environmental science monitoring and measurement tools, and data analysis
- Prioritize relationship-building and professional integrity, and are able to communicate with clarity, compassion, and accuracy
- Understand crisis and risk management and know how to respond to incidents in the outdoors; a valid Wilderness First Responder certification or a willingness to acquire one
- Value NatureBridges mission and the development of environmental literacy through environmental science and nature education.
- Have either a Bachelors degree in environmental science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Have a valid Drivers License
*All NatureBridge Employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Final shot must occur 15 days or more before the start date. Here is the link to our full policy: NatureBridge COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. You must also pass a background check in order to be eligible for employment.
Why should you join the NatureBridge team at Yosemite?
- You want to work for a mission-driven organization that values your contributions and supports you in making a positive impact on youth and the environment
- You will work in a beautiful setting in Yosemite National Park with dedicated, passionate team members
- You want to be part of an organization that is invested in growth, self-examination, and creating equitable and inclusive environments for staff and participants
How To Apply:
NatureBridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please submit a resume and three references to our online Career Portal (link). Please respond to the short answer questions in lieu of a cover letter.