At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of over 15,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best engineers to meet our clients’ needs.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to work as part of a design team on a variety of projects in our San Francisco office. Our teams work on projects like data centers, healthcare, commercial, and renewables like micro-grid and 0 emission vehicle infrastructure. We've aligned ourselves with the UN SDGs and are looking for those who are passionate about creating more sustainable solutions.
Job responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Work under nominal supervision taking ownership for definable parts of the project
- Undertake electrical systems design, predominantly for building projects, including power systems, lighting, fire alarm and other signal systems
- Design and calculations for lighting systems and associated controls
- Prepare and review drawings detailing the design
- Incorporate sustainable design methods in buildings
- Create/prepare reports
- Coordinate work with Clients and Engineers of other disciplines
- Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Architectural Engineering with a sound knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals as they relate to building systems
- At least 2 years related experience
- Proficient in Revit, AGI32, SKM, or other technical software
- Experience in one or more of the following areas an advantage: higher education, high-rise commercial, laboratories, data centers, hospitality/hotel, aviation, or healthcare
- Experience working on multi-disciplinary projects
- Proficient with applying National Electrical Code, and local Energy Codes to design process
- EIT/FE and pursuing PE licensure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
- Strong interest in other design disciplines, eager to learn about the interactions between them in a multidisciplinary team environment
- The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills are required for our constantly evolving environment
- Must be highly motivated, proactive, and willing to take on new challenges
Benefits that Work - At Arup, we have a comprehensive and valuable benefits program that works for our employees and their families while keeping costs low. These benefits provide health and welfare security for you as well as paid time off for rest and renewal. Our Global Profit Share Plan (paid bi-annually) provides an opportunity for you to share in the success of the Firm. As a valued employee of Arup, you can also choose to participate in our 401(k) plan with up to 10% company match to help you save for your future.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement - Arup requires all new employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Arup is an equal opportunity employer and consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on disability or sincerely held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to Arup.
Flexible Working - We believe that flexible arrangements create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people. Options for alternative schedules and the ability to work outside of the office for a portion of your workweek are available.
Arup is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or other status protected by law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].