At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving health care through fast, accurate diagnostic testing. Our mission drives us, every moment of every day, as we develop scalable, groundbreaking solutions to solve the world’s most complex health challenges. Our associates are involved in every stage of molecular diagnostics, from ideation to development and delivery of testing advancements that improve patient outcomes across a range of settings. As a member of our team, you can make an immediate, measurable impact on a global scale, within an environment that fosters career growth and development.
Cepheid is proud to work alongside a community of six fellow Danaher Diagnostics companies. Together, we’re working at the pace of change on diagnostic tools that address the world’s biggest health challenges, driven by knowing that behind every test there is a patient waiting.
Learn about the Danaher Business System which makes everything possible.
This position is part of Cepheid Diagnostics and will be located in Newark, CA.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand and adhere to safety policies and practices
- Follow documentation procedure (filling out Data History Records (DHRs), reading and understanding instructions from Work Release (WR), Planned Deviation Report (PDR) or Non-Conformance Report (NCR). Read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Manufacturing Work Instructions.
- Maintain dry room and cleanroom standards, practices, and housekeeping according to standard operating procedures.
- Set up and operate manufacturing equipment. Monitor machines and inform Supervisor and/or Lead of problems. Clean and maintain equipment and work area as needed.
- Assist Senior Operators
- Use tools such as microscopes, tweezers, and other hand-held tools.
- Perform in-process inspection of components and assemblies to verify quality conformance.
- Recognize any minor issues from the equipment and any affiliated documentations and take appropriate corrective action within scope. Notify Supervisors and Leads of issues and discrepancies immediately.
- Report causes of process and/or documentation and assist or coordinate resolutions.
- Apply company policies and procedures to complete assignments.
- Conduct Shift PASSDOWN with peers
- Start and end batch runs. follow production schedules
- Follow acceptance criteria for equipment yield and efficiency
- Email the Manufacturing Engineering group explaining any downtime problems/issues.
- Perform label printing responsibilities
- Review DHRs
- Prepare and verify materials to be used as issued to work orders.