$1500 Signing Bonus – Come Join the Team!!
Unlimited Earning Potential With NO Cap On Commissions!
For over 25 years, Sonic has been committed to changing the way people think about the internet. We’re revolutionizing the industry by standing up in support of an open and fair internet, setting a refreshingly high standard for customer care, and bringing accessible, affordable connectivity with member-focused policies to all.
And that mission all starts with the people we hire.
Each career opening at Sonic is an opportunity for personal growth, career development, and most importantly, making a difference towards building a better internet for our shared local community and beyond. Whether you contribute by splicing fiber, installing homes, or assisting customers on the phone, you’re part of a company that is committed to the power of good.
Join a community of internet revolutionaries re-thinking, re-wiring, and re-imagining the future of the internet.
Position Summary: Base + Commission
The Field Sales Representative position supports all sales efforts in California and is required to positively convey Sonic’s brand message and covert potential customers into customers through door-to-door canvassing efforts. Field Sales Representatives are articulate, positive, and capable of, and enjoy, speaking to the public about Sonic services.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
The Field Sales Representative is a full-time (40 hours per week), non-exempt/hourly entry-level position. Work schedule varies. Some overtime work should be expected for this position.
Travel is expected for this position. A valid California Driver’s License for 3 years and Clean DMV are required. Reliable vehicle and auto insurance are also required.
Valid CA Driver’s License for three years and clean DMV record a MUST!
- Friendly people person.
- Courteous, presentable, and engaging.
- Enjoys meeting and talking to new people.
- Professional and respectful demeanor.
- Effective people and communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to walk long distances and tolerate changing weather conditions.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Must have a valid CA Drivers License for three years with proof on insurance
- Strong self-direction and ability to take initiative.
- Enthusiastic believer in Sonic’s mission.
- Excellent work ethic – motivated to be a consistent performer.
- Ability to receive and implement ongoing feedback and coaching with a positive attitude.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Must maintain a positive attendance record.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Walk approximately 3 miles per day including stairs and hills.
- Carry 10-20 pounds (marketing materials, water, tablet, etc.).
- Subject to weather conditions (heat not exceeding 110 degrees Fahrenheit, cold, wind, heavy fog, rain, etc.).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to sit and stand; talk or hear; reach with hands and arms; key/type. The employee is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Re mote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place