Tatum by Randstad is recruiting for an awesome new opportunity for a growth-oriented accountant with heavy M&A due diligence experience to join a business that acquires SaaS businesses that serve a wide range of industries. The Finance Associate is a new role within the company's in-house acquisition team but will be able to witness how the acquired businesses grow years down the road.
location: Walnut Creek, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
The Finance Associate's responsibilities include the following:
- Plan and execute financial due diligence analyses, including, but not limited to, quality of earnings, net working capital, indebtedness, revenue retention, and run-rate financial performance, as well as including direction of third-party vendors
- Interface directly with Founders and senior executives from Target companies to understand the trends and drivers of the business
- Oversee HR (i.e., employee & benefits), insurance and tax due diligence
- Facilitate financial and operations integration / onboarding of newly acquired companies through working with the CEOs and finance leads
- Collaborate closely with internal (CTO, Corporate Development, HR Director, etc.) and external (legal counsel, diligence providers, lenders, etc.) deal team members
- Interact with the company's leadership team and CEOs as well as the key external financial stakeholders (lenders and financial sponsor)
- Identify and negotiate purchase price adjustments and deal structure considerations
- Assist with build of the financial model / projections based on understanding of the business and its underlying metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Provide other ad hoc analysis, projections, forecasts and valuation support for acquisitions and operating companies
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and come from a CPA firm with between 1 and 3 years of experience heavy in mergers and acquisitions. Qualified candidates will have a strong understanding of GAAP and strong Excel skills. Experience in financial due diligence on the buy side of acquisitions is required.
skills: M&A Due Diligence / Integration, Investment Accounting, M&A Due Diligence, M&A Integration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.