About Juniper Square
We envision a world with radically expanded opportunities for investment and participation in private markets. Our mission is to unlock the full potential of investment partnerships. Privately owned assets like commercial real estate, private equity, venture capital, crypto, and others make up half of our financial ecosystem yet remain inaccessible to most people. We are digitizing these markets and as a result bringing access to millions who don’t currently benefit from one of the most productive corners of our financial ecosystem. If you care about making the world a better place by making markets work better through technology—all while contributing as a member of a values-driven organization—we want to hear from you. We’ve doubled our team in each of the past four years while maintaining an excellent culture and staying true to our values. We are well-funded and building for the long-term. We need YOU to help us achieve our mission.
Juniper Square invests in a hybrid workforce and we offer three work modes: full time remote work from your home office, a hybrid of home and office work from one of our office hubs, currently in San Francisco and Austin, or full time work in an office hub. The company headquarters is in the Cloud and we invest in digital-first operations. We have communities of remote employees across the US and Canada, with more substantive local remote working communities in Seattle, Denver, Chicago and New York, but we are open to employees working in several states and provinces. We are happy to share with interested applicants where and how we work.
About The Role
Business Operations works across every part of the company, designing, building, operating business systems and data infrastructure to instrument business processes and business intelligence to enable the operations and growth of Juniper Square. This work moves the needle at Juniper Square. If you are attracted to understanding and improving systems and processes, are analytical and solution-focused, we want to talk to you.
As the Finance Systems & Solutions Manager in the Business Operations team, reporting to the head of Business Operations, you will play a central role in implementing and managing the financial systems of Juniper Square, including billing, accounting and revenue recognition, financial planning and analysis.
We are on a mission to make commercial real estate and capital markets more transparent and accessible to all - and are looking for someone who is excited by the opportunity to create processes and generate insight that helps everyone at the company achieve that goal.
What You’ll Do
- Develop operational solutions and systems for the Finance function, including billing, accounting and revenue recognition, financial planning and analysis:
- Partner with the individual Finance teams and the Finance leadership to enable their operational needs and requirements
- Be the trusted go-to person for all Finance solution needs, with a deep understanding of their operations
- Have an expert understanding of Financial application capabilities such as billing, accounting and revenue recognition, financial planning and analysis
- Have a comprehensive understanding of customer data structures related to customer entitlements (contracts), invoicing, usage
- Partner with Revenue Operations (Sales Operations) team to implement solutions that span sales and finance data systems, such as order management, commissions, usage billing
- Conceptualize information and workflow solutions and systems for current and expected operations
- Synthesize input and perspectives of all relevant stakeholders
- Effectively balance short- and long-term needs and tradeoffs between sophistication and expeditiousness
- Understand and address cross-functional process and system impacts
- Manage solutions to implementation
- Identify the most impactful solutions based on impact and complexity
- Effectively manage internal and external resources (architects, engineers, consultants)
- Manage relevant insightful communication with stakeholders and among project teams
- Comprehensively document solution concepts, plans, activities, operating procedures, other artifacts
- Ensure successful operation of implemented systems
- Contribute to user enablement with comprehensive solution documentation and with training content
- Design solutions for routine operations, including cross-functional maintenance processes
- Contribute to system management and operations, including appropriate hands-on activities
- Expert experience in designing and managing financial applications including application selection, implementation and maintenance, particularly involving billing, order management, revenue recognition applications such as NetSuite, Salesforce CPQ, Zuora, Planful
- High proficiency in program / project management, particularly in formulating and managing solution implementation roadmaps
- Ability to effectively communicate and partner with multiple stakeholders including senior executives to drive meaningful fast development
- 5+ years of direct or comparable experience in high growth tech companies, with a demonstrated record of high-impact solutions (internal or external)
- 5+ years of technical solution experience with financial applications (NetSuite, Salesforce CPQ and Revenue Cloud, Zuora, Planful, FinancialForce or equivalent), with CRM applications (Salesforce), business intelligence applications (Tableau, Looker, or equivalent)
- 3+ years managing teams directly or as a project/program manager
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Unlimited vacation policy and paid holidays
- Generous paid family leave, medical leave, and bereavement leave policies
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Healthcare FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Freedom to customize your work and technology setup as you see fit
- Professional development stipend
- Monthly work from home wellness stipend while we're all remote
- Mental wellness coverage including live coaching and therapy sessions
At Juniper Square, we're building a company where all kinds of people from all walks of life are valued and respected. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. If you think this job sounds like you, come join us! We’d love to hear from you.