RGP is a global consulting firm helping some of the most recognized companies in the world work differently. Our success comes from a shared belief in rolling up our sleeves and doing the hard work of solving complex challenges, executing plans and implementing technology to help transform organizations. Working as a consultant you will be connected to work that matters, putting your expertise to its best use while developing skills for the future. The result is a career defined by you, supported by RGP and built on tangible accomplishments.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As a Finance Transformation Project Manager, you will provide end to end project management and delivery for finance related process or systems driven transformation initiatives for our global tech clients. You will lead specific workstreams, develop project plan & strategy, then execute against the plan working in partnership with global stakeholders.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Partner with key functional leaders to understand their objectives, technology roadmaps, and process changes to execute in alignment with and manage expectations.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to create detailed project plan, organize, and direct the completion of large, complex finance transformation projects while managing risks and issues to minimize scope, budget, and schedule impacts.
- Identify risks, dependencies and issues across the project. Develop mitigation strategies and coordinate mitigation actions to meet the broader organization goals, milestones and objectives.
- Day to day ownership of project delivery, proactively building trusted working relationships with finance functional leaders and business technology partners to drive alignment, increase collaboration and optimize project operations.
- Ensure appropriate sponsorship and align stakeholders around initiative goals. Collaborate globally to influence key stakeholders on project scope/vision, solutions, budget, and schedule.
- Clearly communicate project strategy, updates, escalation of risks/issues to project stakeholders, levels of management, including executive leadership teams across the finance organization.
- Establish communications cadence to ensure appropriate program governance. Facilitate weekly project team meetings to focus and accelerate project execution.
- Leverage data insights to measure results.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or related field. MBA a bonus
- 10-15+ years of project management experience leading end to end business transformation and/or process transformation initiatives on an enterprise scale in a cross-functional, global, fast-paced environment. PM certification is an advantage
- Experience in technology (SaaS, software, collaboration/ social platforms) industry a MUST
- Exceptional stakeholder management and influencing skills; as well as strong cross functional communication skills to drive alignment across the organization
- They must be a detailed, motivated, solution-oriented individual that can work well with internal stakeholders and external partners at all levels, and as needed. The ability to execute effectively while collaborating across teams and global locations will be key to success in this role. Strong business acumen and ability to mitigate risk and manage interdependencies is critical.
- Knowledge of project and program management approaches/ methodology, planning, execution, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Experience managing ambiguity, risk, and changing direction of projects and strategies
- Ability to execute against project plan, managing to deadlines and mitigating risk
- Consultant must have good leadership presence; able to build credibility and lead without authority
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- Bring a strong sense of execution and ownership to the team.
THE RGP CONSULTING EXPERIENCE
RGP has a unique consulting model that provides opportunities for consultants to work in different ways. Most consultants work in a model where they have the flexibility and autonomy to choose projects aligning to their experience, skills and desired lifestyle. Other opportunities exist in team-based, strategy and solutions work. In all models, you will feel the full support of RGP to assist you in your work and guide you on your chosen path.
Equal Opportunity Employer
RGP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.
#projectmanagement #programmanagement #financetransformation #processreengineering #processimprovement #changemanagement #stakeholdermanagement #businesstransformation #finance #accounting