Do you love working in a fast paced environment? Do you always have a smile on your face and a great attitude? Are you passionate about food and a leader that enjoys working side by side with your team members while providing excellent service to our guests? Do you enjoy having fun at work? If you said yes to all of those, you are the person we are looking for! Come and join us at Tastes On The Fly, we are looking for a fun individual to manage our store, this individual must possess strong leadership skills, a good sense of urgency and the desire to exceed our guests' expectations on a regular basis, while providing support to an amazing Team.
WHO WE ARE: Tastes On The Fly started in 1999 by 4 restaurant entrepreneurs and, it has grown into of the world's leading boutique airport dining operators. We provide high-quality, local authentic experiences in an airport setting.
Our Culture and Mission is: Every team member, everyday Every guest, every time. We possess a passion for food & beverage and are Ambassadors to the local food scene. We partner with highly regarded chefs and artisan producers. We provide genuine hospitality vs service.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
These are essential functions and the percentages are estimates only.
90% - Remain on floor; supervise servers, bartenders, bussers, utility/runners to ensure company standards are adhered to. Maintain organization and cleanliness of the store, resolve any guest or staff issues.
5% - Complete basic administrative responsibilities during your shift, such as accepting cashier cash outs and end of shift reports, daily banking as needed.
5% - Complete duties specifically assigned to you by the General Manager i.e. scheduling, ordering, inventory, file maintenance etc.
Maintain regular attendance in conformity with company standards and policies. Employees with irregular attendance may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Consistent time and attendance is essential to the successful operation of the restaurant.
Due to the seasonal nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules and/or may have their working hours adjusted (decreased or increased) to accommodate the business needs of the store.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Tastes on the Fly rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of its business. Employees who violate the company's rules and regulations may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
EXAMPLES OF REGULAR DUTIES:
- Close out registers and run required reports on a daily basis
- Collect employee cash drops
- Special cleaning projects or tasks
- Properly process guest checks if needed
- Comply with and enforce company and store policies including but not limited to Time and Attendance, Cash Handling, Workplace Safety, etc.
- Create and provide discipline to employees as needed and with approval from GM
- Provide change to employees as needed
- Assist with end of month procedures. i.e. inventories
- When needed, assist with the ordering of supplies.
- Communicate with Management on a daily basis informing them of daily activities occurring in the store by noting it in the log book.
- Ensure all computers and printers have adequate paper and any other required supplies
- Report all incidents, emergencies and pertinent information to General Manager and Director of Operations as soon as possible
- Ensure cleanliness of store is maintained at all times
- Assist in expediting food and ensure all guest meals are complete and satisfying
- Adhere to, foster and enforce all aspects of the company training program, including new hire training and ongoing training.
- Provide all employees with a superior example of leadership, including but not limited to, friendly and efficient customer service, upbeat and positive attitude towards co-workers and customers
- Follow and enforce workplace safety rules and the procedure for handling workplace accidents
- Understand and promote company philosophies and guest service standards
- Misc administrative duties i.e. waste tracking, payroll / time keeping, banking, scheduling, new hire paperwork, filing etc.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY:
Individual must posses the following knowledge, skills and abilities and must be able to demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation, or by using some other combination of skills and abilities
- Knowledge of basic computer, 10-key or Point of Sale functions
- Ability to understand verbal English, i.e. basic guest requests related to food service.
- Ability to write and read basic English
- Ability to greet and converse with customers and staff in a friendly and professional manner at all times
- Ability to handle, count and balance cash receipts
- Take initiative to assist with smooth daily operations
- In addition to performing the essential functions, this position may be required to perform any combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function solely at the discretion of the General Manager, which may be based upon the particular requirements of that day.
- Perform general cleaning tasks using standard, approved cleaning products as assigned by the manager.
- Perform any side work or related duties associated with the general operations of the restaurants.
- Perform any and all other duties asked of you related to the operation and success of the restaurant.
Any combination of education, training and work experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High School graduation required.
Six months experience as a supervisor preferred but not required. Prior restaurant experience helpful.