Fitness and Desk Assistant
The Alexandria Fitness San Carlos is looking for a rock star of customer service to help run the front desk and assist on the fitness floor! We're stealthily building a team of fun people who are passionate about health and fitness to build a vibrant community in a primarily corporate fitness space. Think of it as fitness in start-up mode. You'll wear a lot of hats as we get up and running with boat loads of opportunities to learn and grow with us.
Who we are:
We are the brainchild of two powerhouses, one in real estate and one in hospitality management, with the vision of offering our discerning corporate tenants an awesome place to work, eat, chill, get fit, and unwind. This entire amenities space includes a full service restaurant, conference center, outdoor recreation space, bar, and fitness center near the heart of San Carlos.
Who you are:
You're an energetic dynamo with a propensity to smile a lot and can finesse any situation. You've got an eye for detail, enjoy the little things, and yet are able to see the big picture with clarity. You've got a thing for health and fitness and maybe you're even interested in joining the group exercise and/or personal training crews. And you genuinely like people.
The Day to Day:
1. Greet and check in members and guests with professionalism, warmth, and enthusiasm.
2. Clean, organize, and maintain all areas of the fitness floor and equipment. Assist with set up and tear down of other fitness areas including but not limited to the Group Exercise Studio, functional fitness space, weight room floor, and outdoor venue.
3. Monitor Members on the fitness floor, supervise use of equipment, and evaluate Member fitness needs, including providing demonstration of equipment when necessary. Attend to Members with special needs while working out on the floor.
4. Connect Members to other Members through ongoing contact with the Members and promotion of club activities.
5. Create personalized service for Members, including providing towel and water service, while Members are exercising.
6. Promote the facility amenities, programs and the Club while maintaining a high level of professionalism and service that aligns with the values, philosophies, and standards of the club. This includes being in club-approved uniform and nametag.
7. Perform open or close of business functions following guidelines and procedures established by the Club.
8. Notify supervisor of Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Rectify, practicing service recover, any complaints as soon as possible.
Able to squat, bend, twist. Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
Minimum 12 hours per week. Additional hours may be available.
Work Experience: Minimum one year customer service experience required. Experience in the fitness industry preferred.
Education: High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
Certification/License: Current certification in CPR, First Aid and AED.