Front Desk Attendant
The Front Desk Attendant is responsible for creating the first and last impressions of the club experience for the Members by providing all Warm Welcomes, Magic Moments and Fond Farewells. Reports directly to the Fitness Director.
Day to Day:
- Must have proficiency in Office365. Bonus points for experience using MindBody.
- Assist new members with signing up, establishing a MindBody account, and scheduling their first FitStart appointment with a personal trainer.
- Answer telephones promptly and courteously and direct all calls to the appropriate areas.
- Must be knowledgeable of the following as applicable: FitStart, Personal Training, Fitness Programs, body composition, Group Exercise class descriptions, class reservation schedules, and all upcoming club events. (Documentation and training provided.)
- Promote the facility amenities, programs and the Club.
- Perform close of business functions following guidelines and established procedures.
- Responsible for seeing that daily assignments are completed in their respective areas, meet Club standards and as communicated (i.e. orderly/organized work areas, straighten/stock/arrange entry area, locker rooms, etc.).
- Assist fellow Employees, Members and guests without being directed. Be aware of team members and the environment and participate as a member of the team.
- Notify supervisor of Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Rectify, practicing service recover, any complaints as soon as possible.
All the other stuff we do:
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the Clubs operation, it may be necessary that each Employee perform a multitude of different functions therefore, as an essential part of your job, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employees are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Adhere to all of the various company, club and department written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively with proper grammar.
- Ability to work well under pressure, coordinating multiple tasks at any given time.
- Ability to focus attention on detail.
- Responsible for maintaining good conduct and safe working habits while in all areas, including all exercise areas and equipment are in safe and effective working condition, and assuring that others are acting safely.
WORK EXPERIENCE: Customer service experience required. Bonus points for experience in fitness.
EDUCATION: High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE: Certification in CPR, First Aid and AED.