About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.92 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights, and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer & Small Business Banking (CSSB)
Consumer and Small Business Banking (CSBB) provides financial services to 21 million retail bank households and three million small business customers through approximately 4,900 retail branches, 17 customer service centers, and approximately 13,000 ATMs in 36 states and the District of Columbia. We serve and help individuals and families in many aspects of their lives, helping them buy homes, open first bank and savings accounts, buy cars to get to and from work or school, and start or grow small businesses. CSBB is focused on innovating and transforming with the customer at the center, better enabling customers to engage with us how, when, and wherever they choose. As an industry leader in many consumer and small business areas – including retail deposits, debit card transaction and purchase volume, and small business lending – our primary goal is delivering for our customers.
Consumer Lending (CL)
Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending businesses include Home Lending, Auto, Credit Cards, Retail & Merchant Services, Personal Lending, Consumer Lending Control, and Consumer Lending Operations.
Consumer Lending provides important products and services that are critical to helping our customers meet their financial needs. The Consumer Lending team partners with other businesses across Wells Fargo to create and deliver transformational experiences that help customers gain access to credit. Our broad suite of products help customers buy or refinance a home, purchase an automobile, or pay for other important personal needs. Consumer Lending serves millions of customers across the country through our distribution network of more than 5,300 retail banking branches and Home Lending offices as well as online and digital channels.
Wealth & Investment Management (WIM)
Wealth & Investment Management (WIM) is one of the nation’s leading providers of financial and investment services with employees present in all 50 states. WIM provides a full range of personalized wealth management, investment, and retirement products and services to meet clients’ unique needs and help them achieve financial goals. Our businesses include Wells Fargo Advisors (WFA), Private Wealth Management (PWM includes The Private Bank and Abbot Downing), and Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM). WIM administers $1.9 trillion in client assets, including $142 billion in deposits, and has $76 billion in loans.
WIM businesses are supported by Wealth Client Solutions (WCS), Wells Fargo Investment Institute (WFII), and WIM Operations in addition to WIM Control and the WIM Chief Operating Office. WCS was created to deliver a variety of banking products and services for WFA and PWM which includes banking, investment banking, and fiduciary products and services; and drive a culture of innovation, product excellence, client service and risk mitigation. WCS allows WIM to provide a better, more consistent client experience, while preserving the unique segment-based client experiences for which WIM is known.
The Consumer Data and Engagement Platform (CDEP)
The CDEP group works across the CSBB, Consumer Lending, and Wealth and Investment Management lines of business to develop coordinated strategies for growth in each of Wells Fargo's customer segments. The team is responsible for designing seamless, engaging customer experiences across products and channels, and building the next-generation digital, data and analytics, and functional capabilities required to deliver toward these objectives.
This role is a newly created leadership position within Marketing Execution organization in the Customer Data and Engagement Platforms (CDEP) organization, which is a function that spans Wells Fargo’s three Consumer Lines of Business.
The goal of this function is to help drive the overall strategy and prioritization for how we execute campaigns and initiatives across Marketing Execution. Key activities that this leader will drive is (1) developing quarterly and monthly plans for campaigns and initiatives, (2) being a liaison with Line of Business (LOB) Marketing teams to align on priorities and change initiatives, and (3) support return on investment/ capacity planning for campaigns and initiatives. This leader will enable us to improve how we deliver on our Marketing goals and objectives.
This leadership role will be responsible for building out a framework for engagement and prioritization on campaigns and initiatives. This leader will need demonstrated experience on partnering with a wide range of stakeholders and implementing change.
Key responsibilities of this leader role include:
- Partner with LOB Marketing team to align on priorities for marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Develop and implement model for more effective capacity planning, across campaigns and change initiatives based on robust metrics, including ROI
- Align and coordinate with key leadership in CDEP, including Marketing Channels, and broader LOB Marketing Leadership teams
- Ensure delivery on key campaigns to maximize scale, reach, and effectiveness of Marketing Execution
- Responsible for overall team leadership and management. Lead the recruiting, build out and development of a high performing team.
As an Employee Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically, you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your employees feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented employees, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing, and developing employees, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
The successful candidate will demonstrate leadership and credibility with a proven ability to influence broadly across a matrixed organization, create engagement, and drive results. This executive will be articulate and have strong interpersonal effectiveness with an impeccable reputation for integrity, accuracy, consistency, and business acumen. Key areas of experience include financial services, data operations and strategy, consumer segments, and analytics.
- 8+ years of experience in one or more of the following functional areas: business process, quality assurance, strategic planning, or project management
- 6+ years of management experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience as a strategy executive / management consultant preferred
- 8+ years of experience in one or more of the following functional areas: business process, strategic planning, or project management in Marketing, preferably in Financial Services/ Consumer Banking
- Strong influence and consensus building skills with senior stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas in a concise and clear fashion, deliver effective presentations with clear storytelling and slide writing and tailor messages to a variety of audiences
- Experience driving change in complex, matrixed organizations
- Analytic capabilities to identify new strategic opportunities, establish metrics, and analyze ROI of campaigns / initiatives
- Experience building relationships across lines of businesses, influencing partners, as well as providing credible and effective challenge
- Drive to combine a perpetual interest in learning, and deep knowledge of industry best practices/standards to build a world class organization
- Ability to lead during times of ambiguity and change
- Focus on how to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- A master's degree or higher preferred
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.