About the role
The purpose of the Head of Strategic Partnerships role is to lead the development and execution of the company’s partnerships and distribution strategy for the Retail category across North America. Ideally you will bring a deep network within leading online retailers or have real depth of knowledge across technology and warranty products related to retail. The position will report to the CEO and will play a key role in continuing to expand our presence within the retail sector.
You will work closely with our global teams to identify, cultivate, structure and close complex deals with sophisticated distribution partners, and you will be responsible for the achievement of local and regional distribution and revenue targets. This will include ownership of the distribution deal pipeline, product co-creation with partners, and the structuring of optimal commercial terms. It will also include ownership and management of key relationships at partner organisations and with stakeholders internally. This is an opportunity to be a foundational member of the Americas team and to play a pivotal role in building and leading the organisation in this scale up stage.
What does the ideal profile look like
- 10+ years of industry experience, with a focus in strategic partnerships, business or corporate development within the online retail sector
- Proven track-record for meeting and exceeding revenue targets and performance driven KPIs
- Strategy development and execution, with a proven capability and passion to lead cross functional teams in the design, pursuit and successful execution of key strategic goals
- Demonstrated passion and agility leading within high-growth technology companies/startups
- Previous exposure to startup or tech focussed business models
- Knowledge of the retail sector warranty product set is highly regarded, although not mandatory
- trong network and successful track record with excellent deal negotiation and commercial structuring skills
- First class communication skills, able to present, negotiate and influence at C-level
- Ability to think laterally and explore creative solutions in both deal negotiation and customer solution design
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional teams (Incl. engineering, product and finance) to deliver high quality outcomes to timelines
- Appetite and enthusiasm for working as part of a small collegial team that is not afraid of getting their hands dirty and supporting each other
- A proactive bias to action, and drive to achieve results