Crossroads Trading, one of the largest brick & mortar buy-sell-trade clothing retailers in the nation, is seeking a Human Resources Generalist at our Berkeley, CA headquarters. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources and is responsible for performing various HR department functions, the most crucial being management of the company’s HRIS, ADP Workforce Now.
- Completing hiring, terminations and other tasks in ADP Workforce Now.
- Acting as point-person for ADP Workforce Now; answering questions, and pulling and managing support tickets as needed.
- Participating in ongoing development of HRIS.
- Acting as back-up Payroll Administrator.
- Assisting with Recruiting when needed.
- Providing monthly reports to store managers on Meal Break Compliance, Sexual Harassment Prevention training and I-9 completion.
- Completing other HR Department tasks as needed.
- Previous experience and expertise with ADP Workforce Now.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in HR-related major.
- 3+ years working in Human Resources.
- Working knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS).
- Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Drive to take on new challenges.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Exceptional people skills. Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are a must.
- Enthusiasm for talking to people (on the phone and in person), asking questions and gathering information.
- Ability to operate with discretion, integrity, and respect, especially when working on sensitive issues or confidential information.
- Outstanding follow-through, self-direction and motivation with a strong sense of urgency.
- SHRM-CP, or equivalent, credential preferred.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay.
- Commuter benefits.
- 401(k) retirement plan with generous employer matching after 1 year.
- 25% discount on all Crossroads Trading merchandise, including designer consignment.
- Fun team-oriented environment.
Crossroads Trading is a national retailer of new and recycled clothing that has been serving its fashionable and environmentally conscious customers since 1991. Today we have 35 retail locations across the United States and are always looking to open new stores in fashion-savvy locations.
At Crossroads, we want you to show up as your authentic self; this means bringing all of the characteristics that make you you. We celebrate and embrace the differences of all of our employees and want you to feel that you belong, starting from day one. This is not a commitment we take lightly and it means we must regularly work and reflect on our company culture, values, and beliefs in order to identify ways to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. If you want to help us continue to lead the sustainable, pre-loved fashion industry as we’ve done for 30 years, we would love to hear from you!
Crossroads requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Medical and religious accommodations will be taken into consideration.