Ref ID: 04710-0011993099
Classification: Human Resources (HR) Assistant
Compensation: $24.63 to $28.52 hourly
If you like the idea of working at a company that is well-known for its awesome work environment and culture, you might be the highly-skilled and motivated Human Resources Assistant this company is looking for! Robert Half is seeking a motivated individual for a company that wants a self-starting candidate to grow with them. The candidate's responsibilities will include handling a variety of personnel related administrative tasks and providing clerical support to the HR department and employees regarding human resources related activities, policies, processes, and procedures. This short-term contract / temporary HR Assistant position is a terrific opportunity and is based in the Newark, California area.
- Assist with planning new employee orientation meetings and execute on-boarding programs, and may help conduct exit interviews
- Updating employee database logs
- Be in charge of various administrative and office responsibilities as needed
-Provide administrative support to the human resources function in the areas of HRIS/compensation/benefits, staffing/employment, employee relations, and/or organizational development and training.
-Will maintain employee personnel folders and input's employee personal data into human resources information/computer system (HRIS) database.
-Will help in the preparation of special reports, such as insurance, COBRA, OSHA, affirmative action and headcount using HRIS.
-Will be tracking Headcount and provide weekly reports on new hires., terms, etc.
-Answer employee questions on provide guidance and information to employees on matters pertaining to their personal employee information and direct them to sources to answers of their questions.
-Ensure compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification and re-verification periodically audits Forms I-9.
You will also be assisting with the client's COVID-19 program including:
1) conducting contact tracing with guidance, including interviewing employees who may have been exposed to COVID-19 by phone
2) communicating with employees requesting work accommodations
3) maintaining data related to COVID-19 vaccination rates
4) data entry
5) assisting COVID-19 response team as-needed.