We are a large transportation company operating on the West Coast, specializing in drayage and transloading services. We are growing our market share and expanding our market reach. Our strong growth requires us to add significantly to our ranks at every level. We now need to add an additional, bilingual (Spanish & English) , HR Manager to our ranks.
The responsibilities include handling the below HR tasks for our large warehouse operation employing 200-600 temporary and permanent workers in our Port of Oakland yard.
About the work:
- -Provide personnel policy and procedure guidance to employees and management.
- -Provide Collective Bargaining Agreement guidance to management.
- -Resolve complex employee relations issues and address grievances.
- -Provide HR policy guidance.
- -Maintain up-to-date knowledge of federal and state employment law and compliance
- -Respond to human resources-related inquiries.
- -Assist with payroll processing.
- -Distribute internal communications regarding status changes, benefits, or company policies.
- -Administer new employee on-boarding and orientation.
- -Develop and maintain talent management processes.
- -Monitor employee morale and company culture.
- -Process complaints regarding sexual harassment, discrimination, or other instances of workplace harassment and assist in any necessary investigations and disciplinary actions.
- -Maintain employee personnel records.
- -Conduct exit interviews and recommend corrective action if necessary.
- -Analyze trends and metrics with the HR department.
- -Coordinate open enrollment training for employee benefits programs.
- -Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention.
- -Monitor and report on workforce and succession planning.
- -Identify training needs for teams and individuals.
- -Evaluate training programs.
- -Suggest new HR strategies.
- -Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; and counseling employees and supervisors.
- -Performs other duties as assigned by manager.