Rich’s, also known as Rich Products Corporation, is a family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities. From cakes and icings to pizza, appetizers and specialty toppings, our products are used in homes, restaurants and bakeries around the world. Beyond great food, our customers also gain insights to help them stay competitive, no matter their size. Our portfolio includes creative solutions geared at helping food industry professionals compete in foodservice, retail, in-store bakery, deli, and prepared foods, among others. Working in 100 locations globally, with annual sales exceeding $4 billion, Rich’s is a global leader with a focus on everything that family makes possible. Rich’s®—Infinite Possibilities. One Family.
The Human Resources Manager's responsibility is to provide effective professional leadership to the operation as concerns to associate relations. Also responsible for developing, implementing, and coordinating policies, procedures, and programs for the following areas: associate/labor relations, training and development, worker's compensation, recruitment, wage and salary administration, benefit plan administration, associate services, human resources planning, equal employment, and affirmative action.
http://kyleschen.com/2011/02/28/unimagination/ KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/OUTCOMES
- Develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel, under the direction of the Regional HR Manager,
- Plans, organizes, and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing departmental goals, objectives, and systems with Regional HR Manager, and recommends necessary changes.
- Implements and annually updates hourly compensation program; creates and updates job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and assists Regional HR Manager in developing bonus objectives; analyzes compensation; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include enrollment, claims resolution, change reporting, educational reimbursement, and CAP program. Administers drug and alcohol policy.
- Coaches Department Leaders in handling such issues.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt associates, students, and temporary associates; conducts new-associate orientations; works with department leaders to develop career path programs; conducts associate relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing; writes and places advertisements.
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Works with department leaders to develop and coordinates all training for associates, i.e., Mission: World Class, policies and procedures, team skills, etc.
- Consults with corporate legal and human resources on various issues.
- Handles all unemployment claims, investigating and responding to EEO charges, and claims filed with Federal and State agencies.
- Coaches department leaders in handling various disciplinary actions and attendance issues with associates.
- Participates in disciplinary or termination proceedings involving individuals.
- Attends seminars and/or classes to keep abreast of changes in the legal and human resources arena.
- Keeps associates informed of all changes in human resources policies, counsels with associates on policies and personal problems.
- Consults with Regional HR Manager in making appropriate adjustments to complaints received from management and hourly associates, leads associate support team in addressing associate issues and concerns.
- Experience with non-exempt recruitment
- Managing WC claims and shared EHS responsibility
- Bachelor's in Human Resources, Industrial Relations or related field required. Masters degree desirable.
- Sound knowledge of all phases of Human Resources, including labor relations gained through a minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a generalist in a manufacturing or warehouse environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with high volume non-exempt recruiting
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of state and federal regulations.
- Personal leadership skills.
- Previous managerial experience preferred
- Understanding of human resource processes and knowledge (i.e. Employment Law, EHS, Recruitment, Selection, and Retention, Associate Relations, Compensation).
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results through influence
Rich Products Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Rich’s”), are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Rich’s. Please contact Rich’s Human Resources department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] if you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.