The Human Resource Manager will report directly to the Director of Human Resources or General Manager (property specific). As a member of the property Human Resources support staff he/she directs and works with Human Resources employees to carry out the daily activities of the Human Resource Office including oversight of recruitment total compensation training and development. Additionally he/she focuses on delivering HR services that meet or exceed the needs of employees and enable business success; as well as ensures compliance with federal state and local regulations and Aimbridge Hospitality operating procedures. Management-level associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities; for OEM associates overtime does apply and is calculated accordingly.
- At least 3 years of progressive Human Resources experience in a hotel or a related industry; or a 4-year college degree and at least 2 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of related experience.
- Previous supervisory responsibility required.
- College course work in related field helpful
- Familiarity with and knowledge of employment laws are helpful.
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems
- Familiar with Human Resources/employee regulations and laws and ensure that the property is in compliance.
buy prednisone 5mg online
- Approaches all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive friendly courteous and service oriented manner.
- Responsible for all aspects related to the hiring of associates (i.e. advertisements job postings recruiting interviewing processing transfers orientation etc.).
- Responsible for all internal associate transactions & processes (i.e. promotion transfer performance review termination etc.)
- Implements and monitors employee relations and incentive programs; resolves issues as they arise.
- Coordinates publishes and distributes employee newsletter.
- Conducts all benefit's orientations and 401K enrollment meetings.
- Manages COBRA program (property specific)
- Ensures all employee evaluations are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensures compliance with all applicable employment practices and procedures.
- Responsible for the accurate administration of associate compensation and benefits.
- Investigates and manages workers compensation claims and hotel safety related issues.
- Administrates facilitates monitors maintains and communicates Aimbridge Hospitality policies and procedures.
- Maintains associate and property Human Resource documents records and files as required by government regulations and Aimbridge Hospitality policies and procedures.
- Represent the HR department in a professional and respectful manner and maintains an open door policy.
- Ensures staff compliance with HR policies and procedures.
- Updates and submits required reports in a timely manner.
- Become a certified trainer in all current HR training modules.
- Maintains Employee of Month/Year program and maintains the suggestion box program.
- Participates in and monitors orientation and training programs.
- Ensures managers are using positive coaching counseling and discipline to address issues/concerns.
- Ensures Employee Opinion Survey is completed by all employees.
- Condenses and expedites paperwork develops internal communications improves record keeping.
- Manages resume and application files
- Develops and monitors recruitment resources.
- Conveys information and ideas clearly.
- Evaluates and selects among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Routinely meets deadlines and demonstrates the ability to multi task.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Assimilates complex information data etc. from disparate sources and considers adjusts or modifies to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Works with and understands financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
This contemporary San Mateo hotel is located just 8 miles from San Francisco International Airport and also midway to Silicon Valley's high-tech businesses, including Oracle, SAP, Visa, Rakuten and Medallia. Among the premier SFO Airport hotels, the San Mateo Marriott welcomes guests with stylish, luxurious accommodations and warm, welcoming service. Featuring spacious guest rooms with plush beds and all the amenities you'll need, distinctive event space, on-site breakfast and room service, a well-equipped fitness center and more, our hotel near SFO airport provides everything travelers need to work and relax.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more details
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan