Location: US-CA-SAN FRANCISCO
System ID: 738652
Category: Food Service
Employment Status: Part-Time
Unit Name: Academy of Art Dining Services
Unit Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Target Hourly Rate: 20.83
#PM #HS #IN #CB
Who are we at Academy of Art Dining Services?
Sodexo's partnership with AAU began in 2004 with just Caf Rodin. Today, Academy of Art University Dining Services employs over 120 people that serve over 1,100 students every day through two residential dining cafes and three retail cafes. AAU Dining Services' catering department provides catering and event services for over 250 special events throughout the year including the Spring Show and the Fashion Show as well as for third party clients through San Francisco. Total revenues for fiscal year 2019 totaled about $5 million.
iHouse Caf at 860 Sutter street is a traditional all you care to eat cafes specializing in various cuisines. 620 Caf at 620 Sutter features made to order created dishes that can easily be ordered through the FOD (Food on Demand) touch screen experience. Our Retail locations, Caf Dior at 625 Polk Street, Art Caf at 655 Sutter and 180 Caf at 180 New Montgomery Street, offer coffee, refreshments and Sodexo's Simply to Go grab go options for those students on the move.
Academy of Art University Dining Services defines the art of collegiate dining through its diverse and inspiring venues that foster creativity, innovation and collaboration. In supporting the development of the professional artists, our focus is on the common good of the community that we serve.
Part Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all employees).
The Cook II will accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, cook, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Special/Catered Events. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Prepares and cooks to order foods requiring short and broader preparation time.
- May produce food and serve customers at an a la carte or may operate a grill station.
- Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure high-quality food service is provided.
- Reads food order or receives verbal instructions on food required by patron, and prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
- Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating establishments.
- Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for culinary use.
- Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, checks production, and keeps records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment.
- May clean and sanitize work stations and equipment and must follow all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Produces small to large batch goods using advanced and full range of classical cooking techniques.
- May select recipes per menu cycle, prepare bakery items, receive inventory, move and lift foodstuffs and supplies and prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
- Typically performs fast food cooking duties in preparing food items to be served to customers.
- Intermediate to advanced knife skills required.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 3 to 4 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of basic operation of equipment and cash-handling procedures preferred.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Requires familiarity of kitchen equipment.
- Must be able to read and follow a recipe unsupervised
- Involved with the more complex requirements of the position.
- Applies some advanced cooking skills.
- May adapt procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to meet the requirements of the position.
- Extensive working knowledge of food preparation.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.