Loralai Current Employees:
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys\attachment.do?sys\id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
ephemerally The physical work location of this role is located in Concord, CA and schedule is Monday - Friday with a start time of 4 PM. You must be willing and able to commute to this location and be able to work scheduled hours if you wish to be considered for this opening. neurontin 100mg capsule
MOVE YOUR CAREER FORWARD WITH RYDER!
Be a vital player for one of the largest and most recognizable names in
Logistics, Transportation, Fleet Maintenance and Supply Chain Services in the World!
If you are up to the challenge, Apply Now to work for one of the largest and most respected names in Logistics, Transportation, Fleet Maintenance and Supply Chain Services in the World!
As a Logistics Management Trainee , during the 9-12 month training program, you will participate in a program centered around three fundamental pieces: on-the-job learning where you will apply your knowledge immediately, structured/foundational learning centered around logistics, and team-based learning with other future leaders. You will get exposure to multiple customer locations within the region for foundation knowledge of different operations and customer focus. Upon conclusion of the training, you would be expected to be willing and able to relocate within a specific geographical area to broaden your knowledge and skillset.
We are seeking individuals who display curiosity, innovation, and leadership to better our service to our customers, our team, and to themselves. We run business that does not stop; therefore, we need you to respond to safety or operational issues outside of normal business hours as they arise
Under the direct supervision of one of our Logistics Managers in is responsible to supervise, coordinate and oversee the logistics operations. The successful candidate must be able to provide recommendations for improvements to the facility, equipment, machinery, and processes. They will be accountable for meeting customer service expectations with their team of associates
In addition to a comprehensive benefit package, a 401(K) Savings Plan with a company match, discounted stock purchase options and performance-based annual cost of living increases, we are proud to offer:
- Comprehensive training and the ability to continue your professional development
- Regional and local Ryder resources to help guide and support as we grow this offering.
- The stability and peace-of-mind that comes with working for a World-Class, Fortune 500 organization that has been in business for over 85 years with over 36,000 employees worldwide.
We are seeking the best and most promising candidates to provide creativity, agility and superior customer service that will exceed our Customer’s expectation. If you possess a strong work ethic and a burning desire to succeed and grow your career, then we have an opportunity for YOU!
You MUST be willing to commit yourself to align with our core values: Trust, Innovation, Expertise, Collaboration and Safety. The ability to embrace and utilize Technology as part of your daily routine is crucial.
In addition, YOU are the management and professional representative of the Ryder organization.
If your work experience and/or education aligns with the Requirements and Responsibilities listed below, APPLY NOW!!
- Supervise, coordinate and oversee day to day logistics operations;
- Plan and review, in collaboration with the Logistics Manager, all logistics processes, ensuring that they meet the company standards and customer service specifications
- Establish work schedules and procedures and coordinate activities of employees to ensure optimal shift/team logistics
- Accountable for site Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Working in collaboration with customer in all aspect of operations
- Meet regularly with team members collectively, as well as on an individual basis to monitor progress towards meeting objectives, track performance, as well as recognizing team and individual successes
- Cultivate team spirit with a Diversity and Inclusion initiative and promote cooperation by seeking opportunities to improve internal processes
- Responsible for implementation of health & safety and security initiatives, practices and behaviors and adherence to company rules and policies
- Understand key levers for account profitability; create, update, and present customer specific reporting and financial analysis; and make recommendations for continuous improvement
- Learn financial aspects of the job that are applicable, learn how this role connects to the financial stability of the account. Learn to create connection points and build trust for new hires in onboarding, orientation, and training
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Effective leadership skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Possesses a high degree of initiative
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Possess the curiosity to learn things on their own while building relationships that broaden knowledge and develops collaboration
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Bachelor's degree required College degree/Technical Certification required in Business, Logistics, Transportation or a related field. Combination of other education and experiences will be considered.
- One (1) year involvement in extra-curricular activities that demonstrate leadership skills required
- One (1) year previous internship experience preferred. preferred
DOT Regulated: No
Job Category: Operations and Support
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.