Back Mountain Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
This is a hybrid position. There are flexible work from home options available. A member of our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in more detail.
Unaizah Overall purpose
Corporate finance professional supporting GCIB Corporate lending business principally focused on leveraged, non-investment grade and Mid-Corp Clients. Responsible for overall credit management of the GCIB NA Technology, Media & Telecom (TMT) vertical, including legal and compliance aspects, utilizing solid credit, analytical, and managerial/process management skills. Provide continuous oversight of the portfolio, monitoring for potential upgrades, downgrades, incremental business opportunities and credit deterioration with the goal of maximizing net income and reducing credit costs. Direct oversight of a group of Portfolio Managers and support staff working closely with other PM MD’s and Directors.
Srirāmpur Major Responsibilities:
Advanced Credit/Underwriting Solutions:
- Provide oversight to PM / GRM Deal Teams for TMT transactions (including Syndications, MUSA, GMDA and CDA), following the development and analyses of financing structures/strategies to support/identify M&A and Corporate re-capitalization opportunities
- Oversee the prescreening of proposed transactions to identify critical structural issues and risks
- Review the recommendations of Portfolio Managers as to underwriting and hold levels for proposed transactions to ensure alignment of risk strategy and policy
- Provide required support to GRM on a “portfolio level” to assist in the selection of assets which will meet performance targets and fit the portfolio balance from a risk and return perspective
- Attend bank/client meetings as necessary/appropriate.
- Coordinate with CDA, SFCO or ICD when required to ensure prompt review/approval of transactions
- Responsible for the direct management TMT Team together with oversight of the Vertical’s leveraged customer portfolio
- Responsible for the quality of the due diligence effort of the loan portfolio within policy guidelines.
- Comprehensive (and most current knowledge) of credit policy
- In coordination with the MD & Head of PM, advocate on behalf of Corporate Bank as a member of the Portfolio Working Group (PWG)
- Timely instruction to staff of changes to credit or other bank policies
- Monitoring performance of due diligence and regularly scheduled evaluation of loan portfolio for which they are responsible
- Strategic review and preparation support of detailed credit analyses for the most complex transactions and required credit application according to policy including evaluation of corporate and industry risk, historical operating performance, projected operating performance and capital structure
- Mentor senior team members on managerial issues and instruct junior staff in the practice of credit evaluation techniques, and approach, including the most appropriate financial modeling techniques
- Responsible for extensive knowledge of country/risk factors on a macro level and informing direct reports of such information
- Responsible for knowledge of all industries and all current events in portfolio utilizing internal and external sources
- Extensive knowledge of standard and non-standard bank products including loans, letters of credit, derivatives, foreign exchange, securitization and leasing
- Special projects as assigned
- In coordination with the MD & Group Head, responsible for interfacing with internal and external auditors and regulators (i.e., ACR, IAOA, JFSA, FRB and OCC) where appropriate, assuring passing results
- Responsible for departmental compliance with internal policy and procedural requirements (i.e., ACR, IAOA, LOA and CODA) by fully understanding and ensuring adherence with USCB Operating Procedures, Americas Credit Policies (ACP), Procedures for Credit Ratings and Credit Rules for Overseas Offices
- Responsible for addressing operational or credit related issues identified through audits and examinations
- Develops and maintains contacts with industry organizations to keep abreast of industry developments
- Maintain dialog with internal credit related support groups CRMO and CDA to ensure accurate and timely flow of information about USCB portfolio
- Recommend hedging approaches where appropriate
Staff & Team Management / Administration:
- Responsible for direct supervision of TMT portfolio management team
- Routinely provide direction to direct reports and assess individuals’ strengths and weaknesses
- Monitor staff performance and complete formal review process for such staff
- Identify/require appropriate internal and external training options
- Provide ongoing training/instruction through review of credit presentations
- BA or equivalent; MBA or equivalent experience required
- A minimum of 12-15 years of experience in credit / portfolio management
- Similar credit related banking experience
- A minimum of 5 years related managerial experience
- Solid credit and analytical background with related managerial experience
- Completion of a formal credit-training program, money center bank preferred
- Relevant credit and analytical background in non-investment grade lending is a must
- Excellent written, verbal interpersonal communication skills
- FINRA Licenses: Existing Series 63, 79 license holders highly preferred; otherwise required within 6 months of start date
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.