Manufacturing Systems Administrator
- At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology.
- Our sequencing instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in microbiology and others.
- We believe in a world where every researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic sequencing.
- Our Client sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics, agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- The Manufacturing Systems Administrator role is a critical position at any company - including GenapSys!
- In this role, you will be responsible for planning, selecting, developing, and integrating leading edge computer-based software, firmware, and applications to enhance and enable GenapSys' manufacturing engine and support the broader business and quality systems.
- This individual should have demonstrated hands-on experience, but not limited to, Manufacturing Execution Systems such as Syncade, EpiCor, Aerna, Quality Management Systems, Enterprise Resource Programs and Material Requirement Planning solutions across a multi-site operation.
- This person should also have a working knowledge of how to integrate science and engineering I.T. solutions such as Minitab, JMP (SAS) and LabView.
- On a day-to-day basis, this person will support internal customers with high quality and rapid service support at the GenapSys Redwood City site and collaborate with other GenapSys sites on an on-going basis.
- You will apply your technical skills and creativity in support of our scientific research and development for the GenapSys DNA Next Gen Sequencing (NGS) platforms.
- This position requires the ability to collaborate with multiple software solution providers, developers, and programmers, to assure we have a fully integrated and seamless MES.
- This role will report to the Associate Director, Business Systems and Analysis.
- Lead projects from design, through quotation, development and full implementation of manufacturing and business applications, systems, and services.
- Plan, Design, install, maintain, and optimize data management and infrastructure across site to achieve business needs.
- Take data management to information, building processes and procedures that support sound business decision-making across the organization.
- Create value through analysis, generating data-driven decisions.
- Train associates across the organization on sound business practices, processes, and procedures.
- Establish relationships with vendors and oversee contract support.
- Create customer experience and provide timely response to employee IT escalations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or IT Management, or related field.
- 3+ years of working in Business Operations or Manufacturing Operations.
- Resourcefulness, critical thinking, and problem-solving aptitude.
- Ability to work with and integrate cross-functional teams with competing priorities.
- Adaptable to fast-paced, dynamic work environments and shifting demands.
- Highly collaborative, team-oriented, and an effective communicator.
- Scrappy, willing to pitch in where needed.
- Passion for making a difference in the world.
- Able to work effectively in a matrix organization.
WHAT WE OFFER (US BASED-EMPLOYEES):
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, childcare, elder care, public transportation, and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long- and short-term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program.
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately, we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!